document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

SOME WHYS????

I realize this post is a long time overdue--
about the Why's of moving back to NY state--
But we also know that I have been 'ill' ever since I got off that plane on Aug 29th--

I had about 4 reasons for coming back---

1. better transportation--there is a local bus run here (van size bus) that runs
about every hour and goes from here to Walmart and down through town and up to the hospital, then on to a small village up on the opposite hill of Odessa== and for only 50 cents one way--
and I could walk the couple blocks to over town and or less than a block to the end of the lake!!

2.more income here in NY and better benefits--Fl is not kind to its Senior Citizen population!!

3.a lot of pressure from my 'kids' to move back here--

4.I missed flowers--Fl has the same bushes year round--I missed alot of the annuals that they plant up here--and I missed a 'quilt' friend to stitch with==

ok now lets see where I am on list of reasons--

1. the bus--yes it is nice to hop on it 5 days a week and go to wally world--and I can get to my new doctor easily on it--but don't really use it for anywhere else--
and I  cannot get the good quality food here that I was able to get in FL (though the food prices are lower here)
and as for walking over town---there is no business's left to walk overtown for--they have all closed and now are mainly food places or offices--my quilt shop, country shop and antique shops are all gone!!!

2.Yes the benefits are higher here--but--money is not everything and I did have enough to live on down there and to pay my bills--soooo????

3.the kids--I really miss knowing they lived close by---there is a lot more I could probably say here--but I won't--cause I don't really understand it myself--sooo???

4. and for missing flowers--when I first got here I did enjoy seeing them and getting a couple photos of them--but that is such a small reason to live in NY

And now to be fair--there was a 5th reason--
I was also concerned about the condition of some things going on in the building where I was living--
but have learned that all those things are now corrected down there--
and I have some greater even concerns for this building here and the things going on!?????




I cried the moment the plane lifted off in Florida--I knew I was going to miss it there--
I left my heart there-I just plain love sunshine everyday--what can I say--

and the minute I stepped off the plane in the airport here  all I wanted to do was get back on it and go back-but--that wasn't possible--so I pulled up my Big Girl Panties and walked into the airport to collect my luggage--

The first 2 weeks here where a nightmare--even before I started with the Shingles pain--
everything I ordered for the apartment was wrong or wouldn't go together and had to be returned--on and on it went--then just 2 weeks after getting here--my whole right side of my upper body became very very painful and was non stop--a week later I had he shingles pop out--!!!! and that has been my story ever since--
the weather here is way too dark and too damp for me--and I miss the grocery stores from down in Florida and the friends I made there-and a whole lot more--like the Zoo!!

And yes the answer is Yes--I plan to move back to Fl as soon as I get the call that an apartment has opened up--I have reapplied to where I was and to another Senior apt complex  a bit more south about 6-8 miles I believe--so I wait to get a phone call==which ever one calls first that is where I will go-
In the mean time as I start to feel better I am sorting and downsizing once again--I shipped 22 boxes up here--( I do have a few boxes at DD that did not get shipped yet--Christmas, books, and clothes, sewing machine and printer) and this time only plan to ship 3-4 basic boxes--and will truly start over once again--

In the meantime--I am working at getting my strength back and getting well --though the nerve damage may always be with me--only time will tell--!!

So this is so long--but so many of you have emailed with questions and I have been too ill to answer until now--I can't tell you how much your friendship and comments and emails have helped me to get better--thank you sooooo very much--I really don't think I would of made it through this if not for you--

Love, diane

11 comments:

sunny said...

Such a dilemma! This year has been an especially dark and dreary one here, and I'm sure your area is much the same. And now it's NOvember, which is the worst month of all! Hope it all works out for the best. And I hope you continue to feel better each day.

Linda in Calif. said...

I had been wondering about all this. I just didn't want to ask or pry. I was also wondering how you did that move - as I know it's not easy for you. I do hope an apt opens soon. And this will give your kids a reason to come visit Florida. Right?

Joyce Carter said...

This post made me cry Di. I think about you every day and pray that you hear something from Florida soon. I am happy that you are feeling better. Take care and think positive. Remember miracles happen all the time.

Terry said...

Congratulations on moving back to Florida! Enjoy the sunshine for me! :0)

Carol said...

Di, I am with Joyce Carter's comment...I, too, am crying at your dilemma! I wish I lived closer to come help you. You are in my thoughts often, and pray you get that miracle of an apt back down in FL to move into! HUGS!!!! Get Better Soon!!!!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hoping you get that phone call soon, sunshine makes up for quite a lot. In the meantime, I hope you take care and build your health again.
Hugs

Karen said...

How do your kids feel about you moving back to Florida?

Maria said...

Do hope you get a call soon about the apt in Florida and you'll be warmer and happier there.
It's been a hard year for you. Hugz Maria XX

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you took the time to let us know what you have been going through. I thought you had moved back because of your health..and wanting to be close to family. It's hard to live so far away from our 'kids' but I sure love living in Florida. And the communities are full of people that live far from family and we tend to stick together and help each other out. I am happy here. If I lived next door to one of my sons...they would be busy with work, etc. And I would be stuck inside more. Hope you get back down here soon for the sunshine!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Life is hard. Life when you're sick or in pain is almost unbearable. I was a little surprised that you went back to NY but at the same time I wasn't surprised at all. That's what I get for being away from blog-land for too long again. Either way you'll be adding up lots of frequent flyer miles, right? lol There is no perfect place. No matter where you lay your head at night you will always have your online buddies. P.S. Shingles totally suck. My grandfather had it around his waist and he said it was the worst thing he ever dealt with. I hope your health is improving and continues to do so.

Kate said...

So glad to hear you are doing better, you really have had a miserable fall. Hopefully the move back to Florida will make life more sunny, inside and out.