document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

I AM LETTING THE FUN BEGIN

Ok--New Day--New Year--


NOW--They say that you should do a bit of the all the things you want to do during the next year on New Years day--
so at breakfast I made my list--
Are  you ready??

      did         1. Drink a cup  of green tea with breakfast (I never seem to drink a cup of tea--so am                                  going to start with breakfast from now on--at least it worked for the 1st of Jan--)
       did        2. send out a 'thinking of you' card to a friend--(by mail)
       did        3. do some counted stitching--
   did             4. take photo of nature--
  did            5. feed the critters--birds and squirrels

  did           6. Call a family member-- called lil sister and DD
    did         7. Take down Chmas decorating--
                       And do a bit of new decorating--
    did       8. order some new clothes--ordered 2 new pairs of capris and 2 skorts--
                      Yep--planning ahead for FL
    did       9. do some needle work--
                     did an applique heart--
                   10.  and a bit more embroidery on this block--
And still to do on that list is--
       11. exercise--will do a few lower body ones that Danny taught me--maybe while cooking my                    traditional New Year's Dinner when I get done with this post--
       12. Start a book haven't read in months--need to get back to that--
       13.Knit--I have been knitting away each evening since Chmas making these--have 12 all                           finished  and 2 more that need to be seamed-so will start another one tonight--

              14. do my first 'inchy hexie" More on this tomorrow probably
          15. do some hand quilting
did     16. talk to a friend on the phone--a friend called me this morning--

And guess what fun and exciting thing happened this morning--
I won a drawing--from--
I won--a $25 gift card from--
Now how awesome is that--
(it has been at least 6 months since I did any fabric or supply shopping--
Thank you again Patty at Elm Street Quilts--you made my day!!!!!!



                                                                      DIANE

6 comments:

Raewyn said...

Whew, I'm exhausted reading your list!! Glad you got to spend the day doing exactly what YOU wanted to do...a great start to the New Year! (And congratulations on your win!)

Maria said...

WOW Lots planned for you day and you did well achieving them..

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Wow! You are so organised!
Cute furry friends😊
Keep up your marvellous work ( and I think you deserved that coupon)
Hugs

Deb A said...

So fun to start the new year with new plans and goals! You have some wonderful ones and I love that you worked on a little of most of them. Hope you are feeling better and you get good news on a place in FL soon.

Linda in Calif. said...

I'm impressed with all that you have done in ONE day. I love, love your inchy. So much, that I'm now debating, show I jump on this band wagon too? I'm wondering is it made with felt? Also congrats on the win!

Kate said...

So glad to see your energy level is back, it has to be to tackle that list. What a great way to kick off the new year! Looking forward to seeing your new projects for 2019. (Thank you for the little polar bear, it didn't show up here till Thursday. The tree is still up, till Epiphany, so it's hanging there for me to enjoy).