document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, January 24, 2019

PROJECTS--

I did not think I had signed up for much
so far this year--
but maybe I did after all--

Here is one done though for this month--
the first block in this one--
and I have decided I will use this sal to find fabric for each of the blocks we do--
though I am also working on another block for this one in red!!!
I really enjoyed doing some hand piecing again--
and it is helping to fill a void for quilting that I have --
as I don't have a sewing machine right now--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I also got into some more trouble--
thanks to another blog site I read--
over on--catpatches.blogspot.com
she found this sal to start on Feb 1st--
crabapplehillstudios.com but there is more information on their facebook page--
she will have a demo for us to fill in one square a day for the month of Feb--
and I am sure you can tell by this photo one of the reason's I just have to do this one!!
I got on line yesterday and ordered the supplies I did not have and they are suppose to
be here tomorrow--we will see!!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And here are my hexies so far this week--
the Mom one was for Monday--it would of been my Mom's birthday--
I think she was born in 1923--so she would of been in her 90's--

and the snow one was really for Sunday, and Monday--bitter bitter cold and very windy--
at one point they said the wind chill had us at -23 degrees-(temp was -3) now that is cold!!!

and on Tuesday I looked out the window and seen this--
a squirrel had--moved the snow aside-so he could--
get to some leftover seeds in the bottom of the planter--
so this is Tuesday's hexie--
gotta love those squirrels!!!!!

DO A KINDNESS FOR A NEIGHBOR--SHOW THEM A LITTLE LOVE TODAY!!
LUV, DI





10 comments:

Maria said...

Oh we always sign up for more than we think but I'm being strong... LOL.....I hope and don't join in any more this year.....
Have fun with your sew alongs,,,
Cute squirrel.

Deb A said...

So fun to see you pop up on FB with this block! I had to check and see if it was you! Great block. That second one looks intriguing.... but I have 2 deadlines with quilts..... and one is not started.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Love that comic

Linda in Calif. said...

How cute is that squirrel? And the same with your hexie! I have to go check the SAL, I certainly can see why you wanted to start it too.

sunny said...

Brrr.... I hope you gave that squirrel some more food! I have to go check out the SAL, too! Shame on you for tempting me.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You could combine your Hand Stitch SAL with the RSC to make the two into one project. That might be SEW much less stressful!!

scraphappy said...

It does look cold. Glad you are enjoying your hand stitching.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hand-pieced block is pretty in red and white! I like that embroidery project, too - I saw that on her blog and thought I might like to do some stitching like that also. They are such cute, tiny designs!

Jo said...

Love crabapple hill patterns! But i have two in the queue that i have yet to start.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Your red and white hand pieced block is cute. I'm enjoying making the blocks.

I have my February mini blocks printed and traced. I will be doing mine a bit different. I know I won't be able to keep up with one a day so I'll have to find something that works for me. Thank you for pointing out another fun project. Not that I really need to be starting new projects lol.