document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

TIME WITH ANNE

It was Tuesday today--
which means my friend Anne comes to visit--
and I will tell you more about her--
after I tell you about our morning--
she comes on Tuesday about 10 am--
and she loves to bring me show and tell--
here is what she brought me today--
First up--
remember this little quilt I made a spring or two ago???
It is one that I gifted Anne a couple months ago--
and here is how she finished it off--
Love how she finished it--

and then remember the blocks in this one??
also I gifted her--made them last year--
These blocks also had rabbits on the blocks--
again loved what she did with them--
she said she is thinking of keeping this one as these are her colors--
(she loves blues)

and she is always making 9 patches--
she made a bunch of them last week when she wasn't feeling well--
and here is one quilt she put together with them so far--

We visited for about an hour and then she took me up to the hospital for
a mammogram--
I do believe it has been close to 10 years since I had one--
so now that is done --
then we went down to my dr office so the nurse could give me my B-12 injection for the month--
and this took us about an hour total--
then we went to Pizza hut for lunch and each had a personnel pan pizza--yummm--
( I had weighted myself at the dr office and I had lost another pound--at least before I ate the pizza!!!!)

Now --
If you would like to know more about Anne--keep reading--
Anne makes 100 large lap quilts every year and donates them to Hospice--
She makes 40 baby quilts each year for the 0-2 yr olds in the county Christmas program that is not covered by the donation money (remember when I had the Red Hat group we filled this gap??) and when that came to a close Anne took over for us--
Plus Anne makes other quilts for gifts and family through out the year--
Now--
She also had a large flower and vegetable garden-
feeds all kinds of birds year round-
has stray outside cats she cares for--
and 5 inside cats--(and she is always taking one to the Vets for shots--she is very good at keeping track of each of them and what they need)
she babysits a 'grandcat' 5 days a week--her one daughter adopted a tiny cat and Anne kept it during the days for the often feedings--and now that the cat is older--the cat still gets into the carrier every morning after breakfast and has to go to Anne's to play for the day--!!!!
Anne also volunteers at the local shelter once a week to socialize kittens--she does garage sales, shopping,book sales--always going to the library to get books to read--she cooks and bakes all the time--and helps care for 2 of her grown children who have health problems (one dil just had a kidney transplant less than a year ago--one son who had a bowel blockage and now has to wear a 'bag', and a daughter with lung cancer )
ok now for the good news --
Anne is 80 years young--
She works circle around me--even when I was much younger--she would of put me to shame with her energy!!!!!!

Hope you had a fun day tooo--
luv, di

4 comments:

Carol said...

Wow, Di, it's amazing what all Anne does! A true "giver"! I'm so glad you got yourself taken care of too.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

What a wonderful lady Anne is! And a good friend. Say hi to her :)

Linda in Calif. said...

I squealed with delight when I saw the rabbit/pink quilt. So cute! I just adored getting to know Anne - Thank you so much for introducing us. (Maybe next time a picture?) My mother received a hospice quilt and it made ALL THE DIFFERENCE in her hospital room. It's amazing how that quilt brought joy to all of us, helping the room feel so much more homey and helping us to engage with my mother more before she passed. Tell Anne thank you from me - even though we didn't receive one of her quilts, I know the people she gives them to are as appreciate of them as we were.

Kate said...

The Bunny quilt turned out beautifully! I'd have a hard time giving away the blue quilt, that's my color too. It was very nice getting to know Anne. Sounds like even with all the doctor stuff, you both have a good time.