document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 10, 2019

SUNDAY'S NEW TIME

So did everyone remember to
Spring those clocks ahead an hour?????

Let's go back first and finish off last week--
on the old time---

Thursday--
I went on an adventure--
(any time I can get out of town--
it is an adventure!!)
this time my driver was my friend Ginny--
(84 yrs young and still a very good driver by the way!!)
First we went to the Mall about 25 miles south of here to--
Payless shoe store--
they are going out of business and I really needed some new sneakers--
 so---
this is Thursday's Inchy--

Yep I got little feet--but wide toe area--go figure!!!
These are not the shoes I had  hoped to buy--
I wanted Sketchers--in Florida that Payless had tons of styles of shoes and lots and lots of
Sketchers--this one had very little in shoes -period--and no big name brands!!
But did really like the way these fit and they were only $21 with the sale--so--
they walked came home with me--
and here is another story --of 2 shoe inchies--
I had to redo this one--the one on the left --the green bleed really badly--
though in this photo it is hard to see how bad--now I ask you 'why'--
I have done several blocks in this green thread and never had it run before???
We also went to Aldi's for me some frozen fish--
and then dropped off 2 nice bags of quilts to the Odessa Library for their fund raising!!
(been trying to get the bags of quilts up to Odessa for a couple months now!!)

Friday--
I kinda paused for the day--
did not push myself to do alot--
I had woken at 4:30am to use the bathroom and when I got back in bed--
it felt like some one had poked a needle in the center of my right eye!!!
so did not sleep much after that and my eye felt sore when I did get up--
called the eye Dr and went in and he looked at it and said it was a nice healthy eye--
and it was just dry eye attach--so that was good--
and I am proud of myself as I did walk to the eye Dr--a 4 block walk over there--
in 13 degree weather--luckily the wind was not bad on Friday!!!

Saturdays--
took me a long time to decide what to put on the Inchy--
But Saturdays mornings while I do the laundry is my time to sew all
the weeks Inchies on to the body of the quilt top--
so this weeks--remember-- starts with the blue chicken pin cushion--
and goes to the word 'Paused'
This is growing by 'leaps and bounds'!!!


Now on to reports--
On  Sundays while watching Nascar racing I am working on
these embrodiery blocks--
and have the first one finished--
and have started a second one--
which I will work on today when I get off here--
these are really easy and fun stitches--

And--
I am happy to say that again this week--
I stitched 7 out of 7 days--
for a total of 13 hours--
down in hours for the week--but still a good week!!!


TODAY I AM SENDING YOU SOME LOVE-
FROM ME TO YOU--
LUV, DI

9 comments:

Deb A said...

Love those little inches! Sorry to hear about the pain in your eye but so glad it is healthy.

Kim said...

Those tiny hexies are fabulous. Love your sweet "be healed" stitchery. Such a sweet pattern.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Like your new shoes!
And we have to wait to the end of the month for summertime to start!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

We haven't "falled" back yet.. it's next month I think! Your projects are all looking great! xx

Maria said...

Lovely new sneakers....great week of hexies...

Carol said...

wow, Di, walking in 13 deg. weather?! Glad the dr. said your eye is fine. Are you using eye drops to lubricate the eye? There are OTC ones out there.

Your sewing is beautiful! Keep up the great work!

HUGS!

Linda in Calif. said...

I know I always comment on the hexies. But that is because I love them so much. I saw those shoes at Payless and liked them, but they were not in my size. Glad you were able to walk away with them. I tried to watch the race too - but ended up napping through the first half.

Alice said...

Fortunately my watch and my phone update themselves, so I don't have to remember. I was pleased with myself because I remembered how to change the time in the truck. Woo Hoo!! Love your flower block.
L,A-

Kate said...

Finding shoes that work is no easy task, you came home with a very cute pair. Your hexie project has been such fun to watch come together. It has to be challenging to come up with a stitching idea every day. Congrats on finding time to stitch every day this week. Hope the race was good, I didn't get to watch, we were setting up for the science demos this week.