document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 6, 2019

YESTERDAY AND THE PAST

Guess what--
I have all the inches caught up-
but first--
let's do yesterdays--
for Saturday--
Oh No another sad face--
why???
First is because DD did actually leave to move to Il--
I know it was silly--but I just kept hoping that she wouldn't go!!
and second-
cause I got to the last 2 small totes of things to unpack from the shipping boxes--
and you guessed it--
more broken glass items--and I really did pack them well--
it's like UPS and Fed-ex aren't happy unless they can break some stuff
in your boxes before they deliver them!!

Ok so now where did we leave off for in the past??

For Sept 15, Sunday--
I actually did do this--
rode the city bus--( actually have done 2 trips on the bus)
These buses are the large ones--
whereas the ones in NY was just a large van size--
this one runs on Sunday to Walmart and to a couple other shopping plaza's!

Sept 16th Monday--
A Spectrum tech came and I did have Internet by the time he left--
I had really missed having Internet!!
But nothing else worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sept 17th, Tuesday--
was the boy child's birthday--
He is now a big 44 yrs young--

Sept 18th-Wednesday--
well--this one has a couple stories on the Inchy--
It took me a total of '3' Spectrum techs to get everything hooked up and running--
one came on Sunday and said he couldn't do anything cause he had to get into a
maintenance room to hook things up and he left--a second guy came on Monday and
he did hook up the phone,but no phone number--what??? and I did have Internet--but still
no cable hook up ( cable comes with the apartment--130 channels even--but this tech did
or didn't do something right-so no cable--)
So we went to the Spectrum office and they sent out a third tech--he was really great--
and by the time he left I had a phone number that worked, Internet and wi-fi that worked,
cable tv that worked, and a dvr to record my shows--finally!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and about 6 pm the darn fire alarm went off--thought I had left that problem back in NY--
when I went out my door to leave it was full of heavy smoke--luckily there is a stair well just a bit on down my hall way--so got out-- and when I was able to come back home, my apt smelled smoky!!
no damage was done though-- just someone really really burnt some food--thankfully!!

Sept 19th-Thursday--

I was finally able to be here in my new apartment all day
(except for going down for lunch) All by my self--
I was ready for it too!!!

Sept 20th--Friday--
was a day with my other friend from Ascension Manor--
Carolyn--
we went to a neat thrift store--
and look who followed me home--
Ok--here they are in real life--
this is Betty and Peter--I just love them-
and they keep me company here--
though they keep moving around!!!
we also went to Hobby Lobby and I got some pretty cotton yarn for the baby sweaters-
and then to Cracker Barrel for lunch!

Sept 21st--Saturday--

the Kids and I went out for Thai to celebrate Dan's birthday--
was so good to have all 3 of us together again!!



Sept 22nd Sunday--
I happened to discover a door in the laundry room and that behind that door was a room
full of--
lockers--they are all wire cages and I could have one for free--all I had to do was
buy the pad lock for the door--yepppy--I really needed a small storage place--
especially for the holiday stuff and extra bottled water!!

Sept 23th--Monday--
was the first day of Autumn--
course here in Fl fall is  bit more less noticeable than elsewhere!!




Ok I am all caught up on the stitching-
and I am ever so glad--
just need to stitch all these to the main body of the hexie quilt--
will probably work on that while watching Nascar in a bit!!!

HOPE EVERYONE IS WITH OR TALKING TO A LOVED ONE TODAY--
LUV, DI


6 comments:

Cheryll said...

Your inchy stack must be high after adding all those wonderful little cuties this post. Keep up the good work.

Maria said...

Sew good to be up to date with the hexies and I'm pleased you're finally settled in with all your techy things.
How good to have some extra storage.
Pleased the smoke was only form some burnt food.

Deb A said...

Glad you are up to date on all the inchy's. Hope the printer ink has decided to be found.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Betty and Peter are cute, nice to have company :
Hugs

Carol said...

It sounds like you REALLY are settled in now! :-) It's nice to have "someone" to talk to while you work! lol

HUGS!

Kate said...

You've been busy! Congrats on getting all caught up on the hexies.