document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, October 5, 2019

PRESENT AND PAST

Well--time is moving on
been here a bit over 3 weeks now--
either unpacking my things or--
packing up my Daughters things!!!

The last day of Sept went out on a 'blue' note--
and it has nothing to do with 'moods'!!!
Inchy for Sept 30th--
I ended up taking a 'blue' shower--
used one of these new wash cloths--
which has already been laundered a couple times--
and I looked down and the tub was all blue and a steady stream
of blue was running from the cloth---oh my--
I almost became a smurf right there!!!
I won't be using these to bathe in again!!!

and now we are in a new month--
October--is here, ready or not!!!

October 1st--Tuesday--
Inchy--
humm--ok, Di--please explain this hexie to me???
Frannie and I went to eat at Ethel and Freds--
and got breakfast there--
I ordered 2 pancakes and an egg--over easy--
these pancakes where huge and nice and fluffy--
I was in shock--in NY they are only about 6 inches across--
these where at least 12 inches or more across!!!
I was only able to eat about 2/3 of one of them!!!!
Then we visited a nice Thrift store in the same plaza as the Diner--
I forgot to take photo's of my couple treasures--one being a new basket!!

Oct 2nd--Wednesday--
was a busy day--
and was another day spent with DD--
we both had some earrns at the same places so we did those and then stopped
at Del's ice cream place for chocolate dip tops in a dish and sat and enjoyed them--
In her car--the river has a terrible smell--been a month now--
(some kind of algae bloom--so am glad I am not living at Ascension Manor these days!!)
then on to her house--where I wrapped her kitchen dishes for 3 straight hours--wow!!
that girl has alot of dishes!!!
We did eat out on the way to bring me home--

Oct 3rd Thursday--
I ordered 2 new threads-
Sulky ones in fall colors for the hexies--
but really wasn't quite what I was looking for yet--
not enough orange--(have ordered a third one to come in, in a couple days-
so here's hoping it has more orange??
one of these is pale colors, the other is a golden color--

Friday Oct 4th--
Inchy--
Dear Son, took me and his sister out to dinner here--
a nice seafood place not far from here--
we all had great meals and a nice visit-
it will be awhile/maybe even a long time before the 3 of us
are all together again--
as DD pulled out this morning with a 17ft truck heavily loaded down with all her
furniture and stuff for Carbondale, Il--

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Now to back track --
Been working on stitching up some of the Hexies that only got drawn in the notebook--
Sunday, Sept 8th--
Still in Watkins Glen at the other apartment--
today was 'pick-up' day--everyone came by and picked up the furniture
and other stuff they has bought from me!

Monday, Sept 9th
was a busy morning--
and a happy day for me--


cause I boarded a plane and flew to Florida--and Frannie picked me up
and we went to her apartment at Ascension Manor--
and I got to see some of my 'old' friends from there--
and I was finally back in Florida where I could sweat --
instead of freezing to death!!!!!!

Sept 10th Tuesday--
Frannie and I did some errands and some shopping--
then after lunch we went to DD's house--
and had a nice visit with her and got some questions answered--
Why was she moving to Ill and when???

Wednesday,  Sept 11th-
Again Frannie and I were on the road--
shopping--
and my money sure seemed to have grown--
wings--
at the rate it was flying out of my purse!!!!

Thursday--Sept 12th--
Was a good day--
more shopping in the morning--
and at 2pm--
meeting at  Trinity Towers for signing of the new lease--
and I got to see the apartment and got the keys for the apartment and
the mail box--
DD met us later at Walmart to get the matteress in a box (way too long for
Frannies little car) and to bring it here and unbox it so it could grow!!!!
so spent one more night at Frannies!

Friday Sept 13th
I could finally spend the night at the new apartment--
so Frannie and I loaded up her car and I moved out
and spent my first night here--
slept on the mattress on the floor--
no bed frame yet-it was here in the box--
just couldn't put it together--

Saturday, Sept 14th--
DS, picked up my new TV and the new Countertop Oven
and delivered them--
he then put together the bed frame for me--
and took me out to eat--

So I have gotten some of the 16 behind hexies down this morning--
9 more to go!!!!

But right now I should be outdoors enjoying some sunshine--
or
I should be unpacking some more of the decoration items???

Time will tell--

LOVE THOSE THAT DON'T WANT TO BE LOVED--
WE ALL HAVE SOME IN OUR LIVES--
LUV, DI







6 comments:

Deb A said...

Sounds like you are settling in nicely.

Joyce Carter said...

Wow Di! It sounds like you are very happy to be back in Florida. I am so happy for you even though your daughter has left. It will be a lot better for you.
You are getting a lot done.Take care.

Maria said...

Good to read you are settling in your new home Di.
You will need to send me your address.
Sew good you keep up your hexie journey in your notebook sew now you can catch up.

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Busy as usual, Di :) Glad you are settling in.
I just love that pic at the end - just like Stella :)

Carol said...

You are definitely happier down in FL, Di, I can see it in your tone. :-) Sounds like you're settling in well! I would like your address too, please!

HUGS!

Kate said...

Glad you've had a chance to catch your breath and get a few of the missing hexies completed. Hopefully your daughter's move was problems free and she's got a leg up on getting unpacked.