document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, November 8, 2019

FRIDAY NEWS

Time sure fly's when one is having fun!!!
There is always something waiting in line for me to work on--
these days--so the days are filled and busy and full of good --
happy new friends!!

So lets see where we are --

Oct 30th Wednesday--
An ironing board--
I like the large set up ones--but I have to make a different padding for them--
I have trouble with the smell from from the thin 'foam' ones that come with them--
so I finally got out my batting and cut a double layer of batting
and got it on the ironing board and pressed with the cover put back on
 -all ready to now really get into quilting!!!

Oct 31st--Thursday and HALLOWEEN!!!
they had trick or treating down in the lobby for us at 10:30am--
so I took my new bag down--
and this is the goodies I came home with--
Not bad for a Senior hull?????

and now we have--
and the beginning of the Holiday season--

Nov.1st--
My friend Carolyn from-- Ascension Manor and I went out for the day--
we stopped at Thrift store--
Then to Cracker Barrel for lunch--
then I did a quick run into Hobby Lobby for some of my all cotton yarn--
in Christmas red, green and white-and somehow a couple other skeins of that yarn
jumped into my arms before I left the aisle to go pay for them --saying they wanted
to be made into baby sweaters!!
Then on to Walmart for a lot of those Basic things we have to buy each month--
like paper towels, toilet paper, and such!!
But then we did go hunt up a new store out in that area called "Earth Fare"--
it is all organic--I did pick up some asparagus and it was really tasted!!

Nov 2nd--Sat
you all know what this one meant--
gaining an hour in our day for one day!!!
but who needs that extra hour in the middle of the night????

Nov 3rd--Sunday--
I worked on some kind of stitching all day --
the Inchy and then counted cross stitching-
with finishing up Oct word play--
and then after lunch I picked threads out for November's and December's word play--
I really really want to skip Nov and go straight to Dec--
wonder which one won out???
then in the afternoon--
I went out to the gazebo and knitted for while--then
I worked on more basket blocks while enjoying the Nascar racing--
and I finished off block #19--
so you know what that means--
only one more to go and 2 week ends to finish it before the season of racing is over!!!

Nov 4th--Monday-
Monday mornings are usually Laundry days--
so off I went--
here we use laundry cards for the machines--
they are the same size as a credit card--
we have a machine down in the lobby where you insert this card in one slot--
and your cash in another one and it 'eats' your money (actually it just pulls your money
into the machine!!) and then  it shows you the amount you have on the card--
then there is a slot on the washer and dryer to insert the card and once you start the machine--
it shows you how much is left on the card--neat system really!!

Nov 5th Tuesday--
I had to really really have a strong talk to 'meself' about whether to do--
Nov or Dec's word play--
but finally I did decide on doing November's first--
and by now alot more words have gotten stitched in --

Nov 6th Wed
This looks like a game of some kind-- doesn't it??
but it's not!!
It is a progress report on the Christmas Quilt I am hand quilting--
these are the 6 blocks that are done so far--
across the top and down the middle are done--
yesterday afternoon I worked on the black mitten block--
the mittens are done!!
I enjoy sitting every afternoon and working on this around 4pm for awhile
before supper time!!

Nov 7th--Thursday--
OK Di what is this one all about???
after I left the Gazebo yesterday afternoon and some knitting time out there--
I remembered I had been invited to a rummage sale at one of the gals apt--
so I hustled to her place and this is my treasure from there--
This a heavy metal container-and I have plans for it!!
and here it the label that is on the front of it--
and it was made in England!!!

Be sure to stay tuned--
cause like I said there will be alot going on here in the next few weeks--

well have to decide if I am going out to the gazebo today or not--
it is cloudy out and they are saying will we be having a 'cold' spell coming through
here tonight like only 70 degrees and maybe down to 60 degrees over night--
I better get my warmer nightgown out!!!!!

TELL SOMEONE YOU LOVE THEM TODAY--
ON A PHONE CALL--
LUV, DI

5 comments:

Cheryll said...

Another lovely visit... your bucket "find" was fantastic...xox

Carol said...

Awesome progress on ALL your projects! They all are beautiful! I'm so glad you have so many friends to go shopping with! Stay warm!

HUGS!

Just Ramblin' said...

Love your Christmas quilt. What a fun project
I have been admiring your embroidered baskets. Can you tell me where I can find the pattern.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of your projects and it really gives you something to look forward to each day. I need to get something going instead of just cleaning my house! lol Christmas projects are always great fun! Enjoy your day! Isn't this weather gorgeous?

Deb A said...

3 whole minutes? Sounds like you are keeping busy and making some new friends and settling in. Hope the 'cool' weather warms up for you soon.