document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

I AM JOINING--

A new stitch along--

called--Merry Little Christmas Stitch along--
by Jen  Daly Quilts--http://jendalyquilts.blogspot.com/
it will be 9 small blocks that she will show us how to make
them into a pillow (or I might do mine into a small wall hanging??)
and here is my first block--
the holly leaves are wool--
and as I don't have alot of fabric--
I was in a panic--until I looked through my charm packs--
and found one in black,white, and greys--
and no--they are not my normal colors for the holidays-
but--
black white grey--
seems to this years colors for Christmas--
so I will be jumping on the "band wagon" a wee bit by doing this project--
using black white and grey backgrounds!!!!

while I am here--
I might as well show the last couple of days "Inchy's"--

Dec 1st-Sunday--
humm--
'di' that looks like a foreign object of some kind--???
But it's not--

it is the Star at the top of my tree!!!
Which I moved this afternoon, after I got back from the Post Office
and getting some Christmas stamps--
my round table and one chair are now on this wall--
and the tree is where they were in front of the divider screen-

Dec 2nd--
Monday--
was a shopping day--
Frannie picked me up around 10 am--
and we first went to the Dollar Tree--and I took the receipt that I got from my last trip
with the 3 items circled that I had left there and they honored that and gave me $3 worth
of merchandise to replace it--so got my gold tinsel for the tree there !!
Thank you Dollar Tree--
after that we went to Walmart--shopping-


and not one--but two new T-shirts wanted to come home with me--
Christmas ones--even--I have never had a Christmas t-shirt before--
these are actually 100% cotton this year--so I could get me a couple--
and they did bleed--I even rinsed them good in hot water--3 times before putting
them in the washing machine--and luckily--I added 2 color catchers--cause--
they ran even more--I now have a whitepinky colored bra--(that's ok --I like pink!!)
and a couple white with pink, dotted wash clothes!!!

I know that where I was last year in NY got alot of snow the last 2 days--
and they had major power outages--so I am glad to be here--
only--someone is messing with the Florida weather too--
it was down right cold this morning--40ish--it was so funny to see people running
around in heavy jackets and hats and mittens on down here!!!  and it only got
to mid 60's--but with the sun out it did feel warmer out!

TAKE TIME TO TELL A SALES CLERK THAT YOU LOVE THEM FOR HELPING YOU--
LUV, DI

2 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

I noticed that people were using black/white/grey for Christmas. I really like your block and I think it will be nice to have a modern twist to your Christmas decor. That darn red, always trying to make others the same color. Cute t-shirts!

Carol said...

Oh Di that block is so cute! You always "switch things up" and it comes out great! I love how you vary the fabrics too, and add accessories like buttons or other trinkets to your projects...kind of make it your own!

I always heard you should rinse in COLD water those items that bleed, like red ones. Rinse several times and then I would still add a color catcher to the laundry just in case.

HUGS!