document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, December 16, 2019

OPPS!--DAY LATE

AGAIN!!
Can I use the 'excuse' that it is the holidays--
and I am busy--or not?????
the truth is--
I did not sleep much, Saturday night--
(Was up knitting for an hour in the middle of the night!)
so therefore--I would not of made much 'sense' if I did this post yesterday!!
at least that is my 'story'--

Let's see--
in my Inchy life--
Dec 8th--
Sunday--
It was time to take care of the all the thanksgiving leftovers from my dinner with Frannie
on Friday
and I worked on some Christmas decorating--

Dec9th
Monday--
shopping day with Frannie--
and I finally was able to get this--
another nice floor lamp--
will need it to see to eat our Christmas dinner on Christmas day--
and will come in handy after the first of the year for sewing!!
also got alot of baking supplies--
now where are those elf's this time--
I don't seem to be smelling any cookies baking yet????

Got another block of the sal done--
and so far--


Dec 10th
Tuesday--
Nice surprise in the mail--
from Norway--got excited and as I opened the mailing envelope--
I realized it was wrapped in Christmas paper--
which means--it is against the rules to open until Christmas--
so under the tree it goes!!
and another block was given out--
and here is the  close up of his buttons--
these are very old buttons-
and I have had them a long time--waiting for something special to add them too--
and this little guy won 2 out of the 5, I have, to wear!!

Dec 11th
Wednesday--
went to a--

Bean Auction--
yep they have such a thing--
down in our dinning room once a month--
we were given a roll of paper towels for  coming--
and then a cup with '20' beans in it for the money to bid on things--
I bid on and got '2' items--the Penguin plate and knife was one item--
costing me the big price of 4 beans!!
and the Christmas necklace cost me 4 beans--
there was alot of 'smelly' gift sets this month and I don't do 'smelly' stuff!!!
it really was lot of fun--

Dec 12th-
Thursday--
when we walked into the lunch room we had a nice surprise waiting for us--
They had the cutest booth set up in the corner of the room and were giving out
cups of hot chocolate and fresh baked sugar cookies--and they had bowls of icing,
and lots of sprinkles for toppings so you could decorate your own cookie--they were
very good and the hot chocolate complete with mini marshmallows was divine--it was
the real hot chocolate--yummy!!!

and another block was done--

And I do believe the 'elves' did show up and got the tree decorated and the window
ledge--before they disappeared, again!!

Dec 13th--
Friday
This is our last Friday the 13th of  2019--
My girl friend Carolyn came by and picked me up and we went out for lunch--
the little diner we picked over beach side--had prices as high as Cracker Barrel--
(where we often eat) but not near the amount of food or as tasty--!!!
then we went to a consignment shop called Cottage Rose and I did find two treasures--
a cute small tea cup and saucer--
and two holiday hankies--

Dec 14th
Saturday
Candy Canes--it's just not Christmas with out some candy canes--
I always buy a box of the red and white ones to hang on the tree--
and the block today was a --
This is block #7--
we are almost done--there is a total of 9 blocks--
Also did a walk over to the thrift store downtown and found some treasures--
2 really heavy weight mini muffin tins for just $3.25--(these are $7-9 dollar a piece
quality!!)  and some nice Christmas cards for 10 cents each and this little basket--
and found one of my elves over there --goofing off--
the little snow bear ornament someone painted in 1990 and I love the tiny mouse in
his pocket so he needed a new home--as did the bunny on the pole--also hand painted
and the counted cross stitch is old and is a Dale Burdett design--and then that square
silver tray--will make a nice display board for a counted cross piece --

Here is a few random photos of some decorating I have done--
Betty and Fred are all decked out for the holidays--
this is how I decorate-ed my metal bucket I got at a rummage sale here in the building
last month--Do you remember when I made those little Santa pillow--they were alot of fun
to make--
and here is a new lattice piece I picked up one day at the thrift store--
it works perfect for my two new bunnies
and I got this book read--
really enjoyed this author--
and this story


DON'T FORGET TO LOVE  EVEN YOUR MISTAKES--
AS THEY TEACH US SOMETHING
LUV, DI

4 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Di, your apartment looks so cozy with all your decorations! Thanks for sharing!

Maria said...

You've been busy making your inchies, buying treasures and decorating...

Linda in Arkansas said...

You have such a talent for gathering and making things look cute. I bet you are a lot of fun to shop with, always finding something! Great job on those blocks -they are turning out very cute.

Kate said...

Love all your holiday hexies and blocks. Looks like your space is all decked out for the holiday. Hope this week has some more nice surprises.