document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 22, 2019

SUNDAY NEWS--

Oh my goodness--
it is Sunday once again--
and what a busy week we have all had--
between parties, shopping, lunches out, baking,...
oh--and sewing and working on projects--
Is it time for a 'nap' yet????

Dec 15th Sunday--
Was a dirty kind of day!!
I got a nice house plant right after I moved in to this apartment, in Sept--
and shortly after I even got the bag of potting soil--
but had a hard time finding a plant pot to transplant the plant into--
finally
this gal has a new home--
and so does this little plant--

Dec 16th Monday--
another Thrift store shopping day--
was on a 'hunt' for something special this time--
having to do with this guy--
gingerbread men--
I needed a way to display my 'old' gingerbread men--

The top photo is on the wall over this display--
and have since added a small quilt under them--
and these '3' are what I needed a way to display--
bought 3 heavy clear glass mugs and then a couple days later at the dollar tree--
I found the bag of while pellets to add to each one--

Dec 17th Tuesday--
Party day here in the afternoon--
and I received this gift bag--
and this is what  was inside of it--
There is alot of 'sugar' in this one--
I must need some 'sweeten' up!!

My friend Frannie and I also went shopping--
and I got some packages in the mail--
but all of them are under the tree--
my rule is--if it is wrapped in wrapping paper--
it has to go under the tree until Christmas!!!!

Dec 18th--Wednesday--
I did some of this--
mixing up batches of cookie dough--3 different kinds--
and did some sewing--


Dec 19th Thursday--
was this--
our dinner here, put on by the staff at 5pm in the evening--




It was very pretty and  good food was served--
we were also suppose to get more gifts--
unfortunately--most everyone did--but a couple of us--well--
we must of been naughty cause---
they finally did give me a book of postage stamps--
(but I won't be using them until next Christmas as they are Santa ones!!)
but I am happy with it all--
mistakes happen--and after all, there is 161 apartments here--!!!

Dec 20th Friday--
and I got to do this--
my  friend Carolyn came and we went out to lunch--
to Cracker Barrel--
and we got to sit at a table that faced this--
beautiful fireplace all decked out in Christmas--
loved it!!!!
That evening I finished this guy up--
a cute pattern I found on line--I think from another blog site--
but I am not sure????
and I also got this finished--
Yea!!!!!!
all 12 monthly Word Plays are done--at least as far as the stitching is -that is!!!
now to decide for sure how to finish them off????

Dec 21st Saturday--
was the day for 'mice'--
yeep- you know me and my mice--
actually--I made up one of those 3 dough's that was in the refrigerator

I had found this recipe a couple years, or so ago--
and finally was able to make them--
and let me tell you--they are yummy--fun to make--and cute!!!!!

And here is some sewing projects that I worked on this past week--
Block #8
block #9
and here are all the blocks to this set--
I really enjoyed this stitch along--
now to decide for sure how to finish these--Jen made a pillow with hers!

I also got this wall hanging all finished--
Love this print--so me!!!

I think this catches me up--
today I have baked up the other 2 batches of cookies--
and I need to go finish decorating them and mix up a batch for baking tomorrow--
hope everyone is having a fun time with loved ones--getting ready  for the 'big' day!!
or whenever or however you celebrate--

Love to all from me--to you and yours
luv, di

5 comments:

Carol said...

Sew many beautiful things in this blog posting, Di! Both to eat and to look at! I love that Christmas SAL you finished. Eager to see how you finish those projects you need to finish!

HUGS!!!

Joyce Carter said...

Merry Christmas Di, and I hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Deb A said...

Wow - busy but fun times happening in your world. Those mice cookies are adorable as is the Christmas blocks you have been working on. Have a Merry Christmas.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Merry Christmas my friend! Enjoy this beautiful day and thanks for the pretty card! You are the BEST! Holiday hugs! You'll be extra sweet with all of the treats!

Kate said...

Looks like you had a very festive lead up to the holiday.