document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 19, 2020

A GOOD KIND OF SUNDAY

where I can 'report' that I had a good week
with sewing and such--
First up--
is this report--
Slow Stitching Sunday--
and this is what I will be working on --on Sunday's
I started this chart--welll--
years ago now--and had gotten the tree and 2 birds at the base of the tree in, then--
and that is where is has been since then--think one year I did the challenge where
each day for 15 days you started a new cross stitch--probably a good 10 years ago-
so want to finish this one--
I have a couple other cross stitches that I am working on each mornning now-


And for this one--
I have actually spent the last 2 Saturdays on Green--
this month's color--
last week I did 3- 9 patches--
this week I added one more to them--
and this weeks main block was this one--
a star block--like the way these come together and really like this block--
Now to decide what to do next Saturday?????

and for this one--
I did stitch--
7 out of 7 days this week--
and did a total of 19 hours stitching time this past week--
and so far this year I have stitched 18 out of 19 days!!
I almost forgot one day--with not doing the Inchies each day--
I now have to concentrate on stitching something every day!!

Yesterday besides the green blocks--
I also got the strips cut and marked for the outer border on last years
hand piecing project--I see they are going to start a new one this year-
in Feb or March--so am trying to get that one finished up before then!!

Also the www.crabapplehillstudio.com will once again being an embroidery project--
for stitching on each day in Feb for National Embroidery Month--

and they just published the pattern and supply list and homework--
and I plan to do it again-this year
so pop over to their site and join in!

I also discovered something really cute--
on the shabbyfabric.com
I love their emails--always beautiful fabrics and projects--
and the other day--they had a video on for a heart mug rug-

and I actually clicked on it and watched it and fell in love--
these mug rugs are just sooo cute--
and this one is the last  one of a whole years worth of them--
I was able to go back through their site and download all 12 patterns--
so I will be happily working on making these up--they are done in wool--
so if you love wool projects--be sure to check them out too!!

Okay--that's my 'round-up' for this Sunday--
Hope everyone is merrily stitching away--

SHOW A STRANGER SOME LOVE  THIS WEEK--
EVEN IF IT IS JUST LETTING THEM IN LINE AHEAD OF YOU!
LUV, DI

12 comments:

Kim Sharman said...

I really like the lovely green blocks, too. This is going to be a fabulous quilt. Pretty cross stitch and the mug rug is such fun.

Carol said...

Sounds like you're going to be pretty busy with all your varied projects, Di! Great stitchin'!

HUGS!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

My favourite colour green, lovely blocks. It will be a great cross stitch picture, some projects just take longer.

Cheryll said...

Your green stash has been depleted a little.
Great blocks... xox

loulee said...

Wow, you sure have quite a bit on the go. That embroidery project looks interesting, I'm off to have a look.

Kathy S. said...

Your hand stitching project is sew cute!

Kate said...

You had a really productive week. Your RSC blocks are coming along beautifully. Happy stitching this week.

Denise :) said...

Great job on your daily stitching! I love the Shabby Fabrics mug rugs ... aren't they fun? I've been collecting them for the past year! I downloaded Meg's sal piece, but I don't know that I'm going to do it right now. I've got so much going on. I'll enjoy watching you work on yours! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thank you SO much for that cute card in my email! I'm glad we don't have to slide around on ice this week though! Although we may need a sweater! You are always so thoughtful! Love the mug rug! I use them all the time and need to make some new ones! HUGS!!!

Deb A said...

So many fun projects! Love your friendship starts and nine patches =) I agree they are fun to make.

Linda in Calif. said...

You know letting someone get ahead of you in line is such a small but nice gift. Thanks for suggesting it. Beautiful blocks. I'm off to go check out the Links you suggested, although I shouldn't think about adding any more projects!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We feel so good when someone does something- no matter how small a courtesy, so it makes sense to pass it on. Thanks for mentioning it. Lovely blocks and good luck with that sweet embroidery as well. Happy Stitching!