document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, January 17, 2020

SOME HEAD WAY--

I am happy to say that I have gotten some work done this week--
first up--
I got this block for January done--
for-
Patterns By Jen's--
monthly color of the month Challenge--
which is yellow--

And got the rest of the embroidery work done on this piece--
this was a kit that Anne sent me--
it was a fun little kit to do--
now to decide how to finish it???

and I got this kit finished--
this will be trimmed off and rolled into a cone shape to make a
Christmas tree ornament--but may wait until closer to Christmas to finish it!!

I also made a trip to JoAnn's for a bit of fun shopping--
and near the cutting counter I spotted this print--
well--
need I tell you some came home with me--
and yes I do know what I am making with it????
the reason I was at the cutting counter is because--
these fabric just popped into my cart--
Is this face not the cutest ever????
and I love how the other 3 all seem to be perfect with each other--
also this one fat quarter wanted to come home with me-

I love dragon flies!!
I also got a nice grapevine / Ivy garland for a bit of decorating I want to do--
but for got to take a photo of it--but when I get that project done--
I will show you!

And I checked out '3' stitch groups that meet at my local library this week--
First was an applique club that meets on the 1st and 3rd Wed of each month--
they seemed to be a nice friendly group--(9:30 to 11:30)
and at the same time there is an Embroidery group in a different room--
that they learn and work on different projects--but in the afternoons they have
open embroidery--so will check that group out next month--

and today I walked over and finally was able to attend the Quilt Club group--
a few had brought their machines and after the meeting they worked on a table
runner that one of the gals was teaching them--I did get the pattern and think I
will make one--the group was friendly and there was about 20 or so ladies there
but they won't be having another meeting until Feb 21st--
as their next one is their big quilt show--the first of Feb!!

I think this catches me up for now--
is every keeping busy--joining new bom's and sal's?????

LOVE YOUR STITCHING THIS WEEK END--
LUV, DI

5 comments:

Deb A said...

My son would disagree with you about the toe - seems he hit the recliner with it last night and it seemed to hurt based on his reaction! All fine in the morning though. The chair was just fine... in case you were wondering! Very cute projects.. that bird one would make a cute pillow.

Cheryll said...

It's always nice to find new people to craft with.
EnJoY xox

Maria said...

Great block and pretty bid embroidery.. Can't wait to see the lovely cross stitch project completed..
Nice fabrics jumped into your cart. My favorite of course is the beachie one.. Never see anything like that here in Aussie.
Enjoy joining in with the new groups as it's always nice to sew along with like minded folk.

Carol said...

Wow, you are finding all sorts of new friends! Enjoy the company! And the fabrics, ooh la la! You will surely create some loely projects with them.

HUGS!

Kate said...

That little birdie stitchery is really cute. Your Christmas tree is going to be very nice when it's all finished off. Sounds like you've got some fun people to hang with at the library.