document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, January 25, 2020

GREEN--LADIES

I know--
two posts-- two days in a row--
But what can I say--
I have been on 'mission' I guess--
to see how much I can do--

For my 3rd project for each month's Color of the month with Angie--
I chose these Ladies--
and got 3 of them stitched up this afternoon--
I had seen that Marie https://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com/
had chosen this block as one of her 'color of month' projects-
and it reminded me that I had also downloaded the pattern--
thinking that some day I would like to make some--
so I emailed her and asked her if she minded if I did some also--
and she said--it was Okay!!
Her's are 10.5 inch square-
I wanted smaller ones--
so I re-sized the pattern for a 6.5 inch finished block
(so these are about 7" square--was surprised that I could do the math--
and have them come out right--so I guess I haven't lost those math
skills at my old age yet!!!:-) )
these are so fun to make!!!


And this morning I got 2 projects to the hand basting part--
first up is last year's Crabapple project--
very pink right now--
and can't believe I actually did have some pink in my stash with hearts--

and this one--
got the lattice and border sewn on and
the batting and backing is done--
*************************************
now what I should of done today--
was go outside and enjoy some sunshine--
as it is nice and sunny and about 70 degrees out--
but when one is on a sewing streak--
well--
everything else come later!!!!

LOVE YOU SOME NATURE TODAY--EVEN IF YOU ARE INSIDE--
LUV, DI

6 comments:

Maria said...

Love your Ladies and how clever to do the math to make them 6 1/2" s
Your two other projects are lovely..
I'm off now for my morning dip in the sea!!

Julierose said...

Your green ladies are lovely--this will be a great block for RSC in rainbow style...your Embroidery came out so well...I am trying Feb from Crabapple Hill this year...hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

Are you all settled in and happy in your new location?

Raewyn said...

Aren't the Ladies fun blocks to make? I love them - a great way to use some of your 'scraps'! You've been busy - will you be hand quilting the two quilts?

Linda in Calif. said...

I love your green ladies. I thought about doing them also - but I'm so busy with Bonnie Hunter's Frolic. I just want to finish one thing before starting something else. You'll have fun with the Crabapple stitchery. Last year's project turned out great.

Kate said...

You've been moving right along with some of your older projects. Hopefully you got more than one day of sunshine and have been out and about in it. It's still cold and overcast here, but we are supposed to get high 60's tomorrow. So I'll sew today, walk tomorrow!