document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, March 21, 2020

MORE AND MORE CHANGES

What a state of affairs we are all in--
at least we have lots of company in this new 'trial'--

But as you know 'US' quilters do stay busy--
one of the things I did a couple days ago was--
first going down to the main Library on the first floor--
and then the smaller libraries on each floor and collected some reading materials--
just in case we get confined to our apartments-
of course I need to put down the stitching before I can pick up a book to read!!!

got the 4 star blocks done in Teal for this months 'color of month'
Teal--Aqua--turquoise are funny colors-I have a hard time telling which is which-
so I just used what I had!!

And meet Evelyn--
our first hand piecing block for this year's project--
here is the collection I picked--
I got this big fat quarter  collection as a gift a couple years ago--
and so decided this was a project to use some of it on!!
Love to hand piece!!!

And a total finish--
Another Crabapple sampler finish--
and it is hung next to--
the sampler I did last year under the window here--
I love them both--so Thanks--crabapplehillstudios.com

I have other projects in the works--
so am staying busy--
( I really need to take a day though and clean the apartment--
but that doesn't really sound like fun--now does it??)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

There has been changes here in the apartment building--
and they 'add' to those changes daily--

Our last dinning room lunch was on St Patty's day--
we did get a lovely meal and nearly everyone was wearing green--
it was kinda neat!!
We are now getting our meal delivered each day to the apartment
but everyone must get the main menu--
and that is a problem with me--I very often got something else to eat--
like fish or chicken--!!!

It is also hard to get outside--
though I have went out every day for a walk--
but that means riding the elevators and walking through the main lobby area--
where some service people (outside folks coming in) are coming and going--
The only good news is so far we only have 4 cases in this county--
but--
I figure there is probably alot more--as the testing is so slow
and not really being done unless someone is very ill!!
oh dear--while typing this my son tested me--
he is pretty sure he had it --was very ill Wednesday to this morning--
started with the throat-then fever--etc--came on very fast--
but I also believe there is still a flu going around that is very close to this one-
so many unknowns!!!
But we will make it though this--hopefully --
well--my sewing needles are calling my name and I need to take a letter down to the mail box-
while I still can!!

BE SAFE--STAY HOME--CALL AND CHECK ON A FRIEND TODAY--
LUV, DI
THIS IS WHAT --NON QUILTERS HAVE TO DO--!!!!!

pS--MY COMMENTS ARE NOT COMING THROUGH TO MY EMAIL AGAIN--
THANKS FOR THE GREAT COMMENTS TO MY LAST POST!!


11 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I read the rice joke to hubby and we laughed and laughed! SO FUNNY! But I hope and pray we'll both stay healthy and everyone will stay home as much as possible. The walks help though, and sewing. I have a little project started but here I am! lol Nice to get the stack of books too! Take care of yourself my friend and thanks for the cards you send me. Sweet hugs!

Carol said...

Di, Please Stay Well! I love ALL your sewing projects! So pretty!
HUGS~!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice use of your TEAL scraps and congrats on your beautiful Sampler finish!!

maggie fellow said...

it looks like a new project will be fun.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So fun to see everything you've been working on! Evelyn is so pretty in the florals. I love seeing your two Crabapple Hill embroideries side by side! It looks like you've found the perfect place for them!

scraphappy said...

You seem to be all stocked up on reading material. Such pretty finished projects to hang and enjoy! Stitching doesn’t seem so much better than counting rice! Enjoy

Maria said...

Great pile of books there...
Lovely finish..
stay safe and well.

Karen said...

I was wondering how your building was coping with social distancing.

sunny said...

Lots of good projects to work on! And I love the stack of books. I have a few books on my list, but I haven't been in the mood to read much yet. Just lots and lots of sewing happening here. And Embroidery. And I'm thinking about doing some cross stitch, too. Don't want to get bored. Hahahah!!

Susie H said...

You're the 2nd person I follow that did the Crabapple Hill design. Both turned out beautifully! Maybe next year I'll join in the fun too. Hope you're having a great week!

Kate said...

You've stayed busy. I'm very thankful for my Nook, it's been a great way to get new books, as I tend to read the more stressed I get. The embroidery sampler turned out beautifully. Your pick for the hand stitching project is going to make some gorgeous blocks. The weather has finally warmed and cleared here, so it's been helping to work in a walk after lunch before going back to the computer work for the afternoon.