document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

I DON'T THINK I AM

a quilter any more in doing small little cuts and pieces and then
sewing them back together again--
I work so hard on cutting correctly--
sewing just a 1/4" seam--pressing carefully--
and still end up having to unstitch most of it and try again!!
No I did not take any photos--so you will just have to trust me!!
I did alot of unstitching the last two days--and still am not matching up
what needs to match up-----------grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
well--I did take a photo--with kitty's help--
of where I am on the Unity mystery quilt-#quiltvillemystery
I still have a narrow outer border to add to this one--
and part 3 is out---



And I was a winner in the 1st quarter monthly color challenge--
and won a pattern of my choice from QuilterChic.com
and I picked out the one called--Kiss Me Red--
I love working with red and it has an interesting design to it--
so stop by and check it out!

And I have been getting some --nice mail--in the mail!!!
You all know how I like my quarter inch quilter's tape--
found these large packages of it on line--so ordered myself 2 packages--
as I do have alot of hand quilting to do--
and I thought I had ordered 2 of each of the mini charm packs--but only one--
so will be looking for more of them--
and look at these 3 fabrics closer--
yes those are 'eggs' on that one print!!
the one on the right side is light grey with swans on it--
and 'yes' the middle one is upside down--
but isn't that how we all feel these days--one day right side up--
the next day everything  is upside down!!??

and this is the other order--
I already think that 2 solid colored pcs in that one package will be going on a quilt
that I am working on-(and it not behaving at all--so it just might go in to 'time-out'-
and it can be grateful that it isn't going right out the window--but as we can't open
the screens on our windows--to toss it out--it will just end up in a timeout box!!!
and the blues are for this months color projects--and then just some basic barely
off whites for whatever project needs them!!!

Side note here--
you all know about my good friend Frannie --
well--she had surgery about a month ago and was doing ok--or it seemed that way--
but she ended up in the emergency room on Monday afternoon--
and they discovered she had a bad infection and they had to go right in and clean it out--
it was the mesh that they had put in her to hold back her 4 hernias--(she was reacting to that mesh)
and then today she went back into surgery to be sure they got all the infection cleaned out and to actually 'fix' the 4 hernias this time--so-- she back in recover mode once again!!!

and here is a house I often pass on my walks--
It looks like these the 'geese' are walking up the side walk!!
Every day this lady moves these geese--so it is fun to see where they are everyday--
and what she has them doing!!

SEND SOMEONE A CARD OR NOTE AND TELL THEM YOU ARE THINKING OF THEM THIS WEEK--
STAY SAFE-LUV, DI


5 comments:

Cheryll said...

I love the idea of the moving geese... so FuN...
And we all reverse sew at some point... keep going forward. Stay safe...xox

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your Unity quilt... great job on that!
And Wilson.. well, that's a tough job to do from home!!!

Maria said...

Hmm I don't think there's a project I don't do reverse sewing on but we redo it and push on..
Such fun to move the geese and great photo of Wilson. Hahaha!!!

Linda in Arkansas said...

Wow Di, that's the prettiest, most striking Unity quilt I have seen. I know, what you are talking about with those points and unstitching! I pin like crazy on my frolic and I still unstitch! BUT the results! Mama Mia - so pretty.

Kate said...

Your version of Unity is beautiful. Love your color palette. Hope the unsewing has ended and now you are making great progress. Have a great weekend.