document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, July 31, 2020

I THINK WE SHOULD--


Make August a month for just for Fun projects--
and apparently --
I will be starting the month off with this--
We have a hurricane headed right for my county here on the East Coast of Florida--
I live about 2 miles inland or less--
so talk about an unusual year--we don't get hurricanes until Sept/Oct--!!!!

Okay--- back to some 'fun' plans for August--
We all work so hard on our projects--
that I think we forget about all the projects and ideas and patterns--
that we have collected for like forever--
so let's stop the train -- for this month and work on at least one or two of
 'our'--I really want to make this--someday--
and make that someday be -
someday in August--
anyone on board with me??????
****************************************

Here's how I have ended out the Month of July--
today I finished up this quilt top--
Remember me embroidering these mermaids a couple years ago--
from over on Joy's blog site????
well--they are now a quilt top--
And here they are--
in the deep blue sea--
I happened to have a charm pack that I thought would go perfect with them--
and here is what was left--
Just 3 'half' charm pieces!!!
Also --if  you can see them--
there is designs in the white pieces, of crabs, sail boats, light houses, frogs, ect!!
This will be donated somewhere when it is finished--
went shopping on line for the backing--found '2' I like now to  decide?????

And another little top --

and I got this 'leader n enders' squares (mini charm pack) finished into a little top--

And I got a nice surprise in the mail yesterday--
A belated birthday gift--lots of goodies--
and the money is for chocolate--
as she knows you don't send chocolate to Florida this time of the year!!!!!
And the kitties already have found their home--
Up on the window sill so I can keep an eye on them--
the funny thing here is--
I have dreamed about 'yellow' cats for a couple years now--
haven't figured out what those dreams mean yet???
And this bundle looks like string or ribbon--
but it is really stretchy so it is for face masks--
I will probably be making some more in the next couple days for gifts--
so this will come in handy then--
and all that 'lovely' fabric is so pretty to look at !!!!
Thank you so much, Alice!!!

So will I might be doing this over the week end--
Hanging on for dear life--
what are you going to be doing???

Don't forget to pick out your 'fun' project for August!!!!

KEEP SMILING AND BEING KIND AND STAY HOME--AND BE SAFE!!
LUV, DI

4 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi Di! The mermaid quilt is cute and will make someone very happy.
And what a lovely gift from Alice - lots of treasures :)
Hope you are stocked up on chocolate - now stay indoors and stay safe, hopefully the storm won’t be too bad. Hugs

Deb A said...

Great idea! I think I qualify with my new hand pieced project =) Stay safe... thinking of you and hope you don't get blown away. Fill up the tub with water... just in case you lose power.

Kate said...

The Mermaid quilt is very cute, you definitely found the right fabrics for that project. Stay safe this weekend. Hopefully it moves fast and the eye stays off shore.

Carol said...

Di I was watching ABC News and their weather guy is right in Melbourne! Wind is picking up, so hopefully you will be okay and not get blown away. After you, it's headed up my way! ugh! HUGS!!!