document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

STOCKED UP!!

We will get to the 'stocked up' in a minute--
but first some 'quilty' news!!

Got the last block put together for the
Silver Lining stitch along--
Now my block is turned a bit different from the pattern--
see the light blue and white triangle pieces--
those were suppose to be facing the center block-
but it looked too 'washed out' that way for me--
so I turned it around!!!!!!!!
and here is all the blocks so far--
(these are not in the order that we sewed them)
next week we get the finishing instructions--
there is some embroidery blocks that we also got with this one--
I think I know which one I want to stitch and add to these blocks--
so will be working on that over the week end!!

and I got this week's Jolly Bar blocks stitched up this morning--
3 arrow blocks--
a fairly easy block to do--
think we just have one set of blocks to do for this quilt--
then the finishing of them the next week--

And look at how I used the boxes that my counted cross stitching threads where in-
I used  them to sort my Valdani threads in
they used to just be in a big zip lock bag and it was hard to see all the colors--
looks like I have lots of naturals, green, and browns--only one really bright yellow!!!
Maybe I should order some yellows--
I love shopping!!!

*******************************
Now about the 'all stocked up'--
I was getting low on a couple things--
like water and chocolate so my girl friend and I had made plans to go shopping--
Wednesday-(today)--but then yesterday just before getting on the computer--
I caught the weather report and--
low and behold--
there's a big storm system headed right for us--
maybe this week end--and I know how 'crazy' the stores can get--
when they start talking big storms here in Florida--
so we decided to go yesterday--
I was surprised that the store--Publix's was calm--
and the water aisle was well stocked--
so I got my water--
then later I went down the paper goods aisle and there
I scored--
my brand of Toilet paper--in  a 12 pack even--
one of those babies flew into my cart-
and paper towels--
and my brand of tissues--in the flat box--
and now don't forget the most important item--
chocolate---

so now I am ready for the storm--
or if people decide to 'panic' buy on toilet paper again!!!
and here is one fact that puzzles me--
toilet paper comes in 4 packs--and that is what I usually buy--
and often get 2-4 packs--which equals 8 rolls--but now
you can only get '1' package--that's only 1-4 pack or the 12 pack!!!
so I really had to get the 12 pack anyways!!
I think they should limit how many 'rolls' you can buy--
like 12--and not how many packages you can buy--
at least for this 'little' stitchy brain of mine--it would make more sense!!!!

And I just did another Joann's order--
for more floss cards, boxes,- so I can continue organizing my thread collections--
always something to look forward too--
though going out to a restaurant would be fun-or
actually going into a store to shop,
besides a grocery store would be nice--
but--
just think how 'lucky' we are that we are 'fighting' this virus today--
with all the tech-knowledge we do have now--
and the ability to order online--!!!



I think I will go 'clean' me some chocolate ice cream now, too!!

8 comments:

Deb A said...

Glad you got the chocolate... and the water and tp! I think most don't even have weather on their radar yet. I am always fully stocked and we just fill up with water from our well. Sounds like a good stitching weekend in florida!

CathieJ said...

Glad you were able to stock up. Paper towels of any kind were not to be found at my local store on Monday. Thankfully I was trying to get them for my mom and she doesn't use much. I was able to score 2 packages of our usual toilet paper. In the beginning of this mess I would get questioned about that, but my mom is 93 and fairly incontinent. She goes through a whole lot of TP. I hope your storm doesn't cause many problems. Take care.

Karen said...

I see you are doing the Jolly Bar sew along. I have been watching Pat Sloan videos and seeing her version each week.

Maria said...

Lovely fabrics for both projects and I'm pleased you've stocked up.
Stay safe and good time to sit and sew.

Deonn said...

Feels good to take the time to stock up and get organized. Then go clean up some ice cream!

Carol said...

Stay safe when Isaias arrives! We're watching the weather too, hoping it goes out to sea when it reaches NC! Glad you were able to get everything you went to the store for!

HUGS!

Kate said...

Glad you got your shopping in, TP and chocolate are very important staples. I don't miss hurricane season, it wasn't one of my favorite things when we lived along the Gulf Coast of Texas.

sunny said...

It is imperative that you have chocolate with an impending storm. But buw the storm has passed, and I don't think it turned out to be too bad in your area? We got some wind and rain, but it was moving so fast...... Love the colors of your quilt.