document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

IT'S HUMP DAY--SOOO--

What are you doing today????

Now --me--I have been busy--
last evening I did applique me a pretty bright 'yellow'
basket block!!!

and I did get the first little stitchery finished --
for Christmas in July--
this was a fun little stitchery to make--
from-Love & hugs in AU--(facebook group)
and this design is a Helen Stubbings design for this month--
we have more designs coming up!!

and here is this months block--
for the bird color of the month stitch along--
this months bird is the Robin!!!
(and yes there is a piece of lint on that one brown triangle in the lower
right hand square--there always seems to be at least one piece of lint
in each of my photos--no matter how hard I try to clean them off--
my fairies work overtime to play tricks on me!!)

and I have fabric cut out for 5 blocks tomorrow to stitch for the
Jolly Bar sew along--!!!

And another new 'toy'--
I ordered this from the same company as the new freezer paper--
I have put a small piece of the sandpaper like stuff on the back of 3 rulers now--
and it really helps to hold the rulers in place better--even the Creative Grid ones!!

OH and an update--
remember I showed you this--
and it was one of the items I had waited over 70 days to get in the mail--
I said the package looked 'cheap'--and it really is--
but--
I did get it out the other day and tried it--
and am almost afraid to say anything for fear it won't keep cutting so well--
but it really does seem to cut nicely and quickly thought at least 4 layers of
fabric--the other 2 I have gotten in rotary cutters--after just a couple slices with
them--started skipping spots and I would have to recut every piece
I really really was about to give up quilting!!!!

I am feeling sad this afternoon--
for one reason a dear friend emailed me that her husband passed away last evening--
not from Covid I believe--his body just decided it didn't want to work correctly--
and the doctors couldn't seem to get his meds to work right either--so sad for Sunny!

and sad that life has changed so much and for so long--
tomorrow is a friends birthday down here--
we would love to go to lunch to celebrate--
but are scared to--and it is even hard to eat outside right now--
cause of the heat index by noon time--
and it's time to go grocery shopping again--
and we all know how many challenges that presents these days--
but it is something that has to be done--need my chocolate to
keep up my strength!!!

DO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOUR LOVED ONES--
IT WILL MEAN ALOT TO THEM AND TO YOU--
LUV, DI

4 comments:

Julierose said...

Love how your little baskets are coming along...
Stay safe ~ ~~ waving from afar, julierose

Maria said...

Sad news about Sunny"s husband.. I hope she's alright..

Linda in Calif. said...

Di, I don't know what is up with your cutters. I know you changed out your mat. Cute little embroidery. Oh Dear...prayers are being said for Sunny.

Kate said...

Very cute embroidery for Christmas in July. So sorry for your friend. It's hard to loose someone, but I think it's harder now because it's risky to get a lot of support in the way of hugs from friends. Stay safe and stay safe. It's so sad that going to the grocery store these days is a risk to one's health.