document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

PROGRESS AT IVY COTTAGE

And the thunder storms are right on time--
it's nearly 4 pm here in the sunshine state--
and this time of the year we get t-storms every afternoon!!!


OK--now where was I??
Oh--I remember--
got some project progress to show you--
This is last weeks basket blocks--
greens and pink-pinky colors--
this week we are stitching yellow, oranges, beige's and browns
(well there is more than a weeks prepped to sew--
and remember the new freezer paper I got--they are still being used--
and they keep right on sticking!!!)

And there was an uproar here at Ivy cottage today--
when I got this weeks Silver Lining block done--
the gals on the bed--said it was their turn to model the block--
so I decided to be fair and let them!!!

And then I got the first 4 blocks of the Snowflake mystery quilt stitched-
these blocks are 12 1/2" square--
but very easy to construct--
I used 2 different reds for them--
these are actually going to be the  outer corner blocks--
this one just started this week and is being done by the fatquartershop

So there you have it--a days worth of stitching between the Silver lining block and
these 4 blocks--but I did get some prep work done on a block for tomorrow!!!

And Yesterday-
they actually set up a Christmas tree in our lobby here--
for Christmas in July--no one can sit in the lobby to see it--
as the lobby is pretty much still closed--but coming and going--
you can take a quick look and maybe think some 'cooler' thoughts!!!!

Well--time for my late afternoon stitching time-
so stay safe and keep wearing those masks--

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY TOMORROW--
AND TALK TO SOMEONE
 YOU HAVEN'T TALKED TO IN AWHILE --
LUV, DI

5 comments:

Deb A said...

You had a very productive day! That cartoon is too funny!

Maria said...

Cute Baskets and lovely blocks...
Yep love that cartoon....

Linda in Calif. said...

Di, I just love that you call your place Ivy Cottage. Since I can't do the Snowflake Mystery at least I can enjoy it through you.

Kate said...

I'm curious to see how the Snowflake mystery develops, you've two nice blocks to start off with.

sunny said...

Love your Christmas/snowflake pics. It is super hot and humid here, and going to get much worse over the next few days. Do you know how you're going to use your basket blocks when they're finished? I'm thinking about setting up an applique prep station in my living room. Maybe that will motivate me to be a little more productive?? Stay cool and stay safe!