document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

SLEEPLESS IN FLORIDA

I went to bed on time around 10:30 and did go right to sleep--
but woke up around 2:15 am and was awake for hours--
finally got a bit of sleep between 6:30 and 8 am!!
Must of been the full moon!!!!
So I did not get as much done today as I had planned--

But I did have a busy stitching day yesterday--
and look at this--
The Snowflake mystery for July--
the top is all done--
I used a center block I found on a panel for my center block--
the wood frame around the word Joy brings out a bit of the brown in the long
pine branch strips!!
This really was a fun mystery to sew--it is 51"x 51"--
and it is hanging on my living room wall as that is the only space large enough 
to photograph on now!! and after all the pressing I did on this one--
it will hang there until the backing comes in and I get it gets 'sandwiched' and basted!!!!

And here is some embroidery work from Sunday's stitching--
a couple more Christmas pieces-
and I worked on this for a couple days--

Can you guess which top I embroideried this one for??????

And some more appliqued baskets --
I am nearly done with !!!

And today I did work on putting another set of blocks together in to a top--
but did not get it finished--maybe tomorrow!!!

JUST KEEP SMILING--EVEN UNDER THOSE MASKS -
AND YOU WILL FEEL BETTER AS WILL THOSE AROUND YOU!
LUV, DI


6 comments:

Joyce Carter said...

Your Snowflake Mystery quilt is beautiful Di.You did an excellent job in choosing the colors.
You really manage to get a lot done. I wish I could keep up with you or had half your energy. Maybe I could get some things finished.
It must be something going around because I have been waking up at night also. I lay there for hours before I fall back to sleep. Sometimes, I just get up as soon as it gets daylight. It is nice on the deck this time of day so I go out and enjoy a cup of coffee. It is very quiet and I can have some time to myself.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We are melting here today for sure. I hope we get a little afternoon shower to water the pitiful grass and flowers. I'm glad you are here in Florida. We thought long and hard about retiring close to our kids. But we have 6 kids...so which one. And would they move? Probably! I'm so glad we decided to live in Florida where there are more things for me to enjoy. Sweet hugs!

sunny said...

Your Snowflake is beautiful! And I love the melted cat. We've had some warm weather, but certainly not as hot as you.

Kate said...

Snowflake turned out beautifully! You are moving right along on your August goals.

Karen said...

I recognized the Snowflake mystery quilt right away. Not because I made it but I watch Pat Sloan and the Fat Quarter Shop on the computer. Nice.
I am having trouble sleeping. I was awake until 6:30 in the morning two nights ago.

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm not in an area that has to wear masks yet but so much is said with reading the facial expressions of people......
Hope you have had some better sleep .....
Sewing is good for us.....