document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, August 7, 2020

IT'S RAINING ON MY HEAD--

 This song kept going through my mind yesterday-

as I worked on finishing up this new quilt top

for the Silver Lining sew along--

I didn't use one block we make-- and instead added the one block

about Dancing in the Rain--

thought it fit well with this line of fabric as it has rain drops, umbrellas and boots

on some of the fabrics--

Now these corner pieces--

about did me in--

they are suppose to be 3 rain drops --individual with a bit of space between them--

and done with applique--well---I worked and worked on them and just could not get them

to come out right--SOOOO--

I did my own thing--and hand stitched the 3 pieces together and 

then appliqued them as one piece to the corner pieces!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and then I went for Rain drops to Baking--

and baked up a storm with the apron blocks--

and I got this far yesterday with them--

I had wanted to make them in a row--with borders to cover up the electrical box on the kitchen wall but--because of the border print I wanted to use with --it just wouldn't come out right -so to plan B I went and this is what I ended up with--

I have had this fabric for about  5 years now and really wanted to get it used  in something and felt these aprons would be perfect and I can't believe how well the colors in the aprons I chose--went with the colors in the fabric--even that lime green!!

And I  even have a large enough piece left for the backing--

I had gotten this piece thinking I would make me an apron--but then  I don't bake often enough to need an apron--so--we will use it for a quilt!!!

So I have been on a roll this week-the apron top is my #3 of the dirty dozen challenge--so next thing is to get it with the backing and batting and basted for hand quilting (it's also on this months OMG goals) along with the black flower quilt that is still being worked on!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I ended up in a 'pickle' this morning--

I wanted to go for a walk again this morning and it was getting late--but off I go--as I get out in the hallway I see that down by the elevators is the rescue squad and they have a tenant on a stretcher waiting on the elevator--which did not want to come up to the 3rd floor--I waited half way  down the hall way as there was at least '6' men and women with the tenant--now all had masks on--but they all crowded into one small elevator--really!!!!  So not knowing if our elevators were really working properly I decided to go down on the single elevator in the back corner of the building and wouldn't you know it--in one of the long hallways--I met a group of people delivering food bags to some tenants--again they did have masks on --but it was tight side by side passing--finally made it outside and did a short walk as it was getting too hot to go further and no breeze today (which is unusual for here) After I got back here I just kept feeling --not clean--so took off my clean clothes that I had only had on for an hour and took a shower--felt better!!!   Can you see what this crazy Covid 19 is doing to us---besides the possible worry about getting it--it is just plain driving us 'looney'!!!!!!  at least that is my excuse!!!!! 

So what 'big' plans do you have for the week end????

Me--more of my floss cards came today--so I will be watching races and winding pretty colored threads around little white cards!!!!

RELAX--TAKE TIME TO JUST WATCH A BEE TAKING POLLEN FROM A PRETTY FLOWER--OR A WATCH A PRETTY BUTTERFLY JUST ENJOYING THE BREEZE AND FLUTIN AROUND-LUV, DI


7 comments:

Deb A said...

Funny cartoon! So sorry you had such issues trying to get a walk in this morning. Watch out.... just had some bad storms go through.. headed your way.

Quilter Kathy said...

Funny cartoon :)
Lovely sampler quilt ... and the aprons are adorable!
Yes COVID is making us all crazy!

Cheryll said...

Lovely work on a few projects... & stay safe from this awful contagious virus...xox

Kate said...

Love both those quilts. The border fabric for the aprons is so cute and it's a perfect pick for that project. It is frustrating that many don't wear masks and don't think about being crowded into small spaces even with masks on. We actually ventured out yesterday to do some much needed shopping. Most everyone had a mask on their face, but many weren't wearing them properly.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That cartoon at the end is so cute! I showed it to hubby and we both had a laugh. I love the quilt with the RAIN! You and I have the same likes in colors and combinations. That one just makes me happy to see! Of course around here...we are glad for a little refreshing shower. We need on right now! Happy weekend!

sunny said...

Love both of your quilts. The sashing fabric on the aprons is just perfect! And the cornerstones on the other quilt fit perfectly. Enjoy your weekend, and continue to think SAFE!

Health is Wealth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.