document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, August 9, 2020

SUNDAY'S THIS AND THAT'S

 

First --
isn't this a 'cute' fabric--??
You know 'Di' and her mice!!!
I ordered this-- in this online order of fabric that just came in--
From the Fabric Shack--
There is some cute little birds on another one-
and a couple purple ones--and a red one--
then there is a couple for backings for a couple projects--
oh and one has the alphabets on it-thought that just might be something I would need
some day!!!!

And a Total finish--
This black flowered quilt is all done--
it's one of my quilts that I just don't think I like after it is all done!!
Do you ever have those????

################################
And now for an update on some of my 'online' orders--
as you know I have not been happy with some of them--
but now need to amend that--
I did 3 orders off Facebook Ads--
the first one was from Quilters Deal and was the fabric bundles--
They took 70 some days to get here--and I am still disappointed in the quality
of the cloth-(being very thin)--but then I also have had to tell myself--
what did I expect for $12 a bundle--there's no way they would be quilt shop
quality for that price--so I am bad!!!

Second item I ordered from Fabric Hut--
again it took 70 some days--and this order shipped directly from China--
why this company doesn't have them in stock here in USA--I just  don't understand--
anyways--

you know that I have stated that the packaging was cheap--
I need to explain a bit further--it was in  a package and it also comes with lots of
replacement blades--but the package did not tell me how to change the blade--
and it came with no blade in it--
when I took the screw out to put a blade in it--a small metal piece--(bent) piece fell off--
I had no idea if it went on the front or the back--
I did get it together and must of done it right--
cause it works--
and it works really well--
I cut through 8 layers of quilt shop fabric with it the other day--
plus I have used it alot and it is still nice and sharp--
I believe the blades are titanium( or something like that)
so this order was worth waiting for!!

The next order was from Love to Sew--
 and is a large wool mat and the string of lights for the sewing machine--
these took well over 80 days to get here--
and I have not gotten to use them yet as they were in time out from all their travels!!!
I have used a smaller wool mat--so do love the wool mats--
I just wanted a larger one for my pressing table--
and I don't remember the price now--
the 2 items together were only $42--so the price was right, for sure!!!

Here is another new item that I got recently--
 this holder--
and I do like it--
it's just-- I wished the bottom was 'weighed' more--
it does tip over easily--but it does work really well on my cutting out table!!!

Okay-- think this catches us up for now!!
I am busy winding more kinds of floss on little white cards this afternoon--
while I watch a western movie and then the races--
what are you doing?????

TAKE TIME TO JUST 'SIT' AND SMELL THE ROSES--
OR TAKE A GENTLE NAP TODAY--
LUV, DI


7 comments:

Linda in Calif. said...

Good Morning Di. I've been very tempted to buy the fabric from a place like you did. Glad to know it's not worth it. And the holder too - but I was worried it might tip over. I watched that red apple Bush car run around the track - it was so pretty! I even got a little noisy with happiness as Harvick is from the town I live in. Everyone here that knows him says he's a super nice guy. Those paper towels fighting! Hahaha Love it!

Deb A said...

Interesting to hear how the on-line shopping went. I am always curious about the ads... but I am trying to be good. My last 2 fabric stock ups were from Connecting Threads. Quick service and I love the feel of their fabrics. Congrats on the quilt finish!

Linda said...

Hello! I hopped over to meet you and thank you for the advice about bee stings! Who KNEW??? YOU did!!
I am going to be your newest follower! I am in awe of your beautifumasterpeieces!!!l

Maria said...

Cute mouse fabric and great mail order items too,
Beautiful finish..
I have one of those holders and love it.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The fabric with the mice is cute. I have been buying more items online,s o far I am happy with most. It is amazing how much we buy from China. The fabric cutter and the holder are neat tools. Cute video. Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a great week!

sunny said...

Well Miss Shopaholic. I'm glad to see things are working out for you. I can't believe your rotary cutter came without a blade?!?

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish, sorry that's not one of your favorites. I think we all have a few quilts where the idea just didn't translate into fabric. Two out of three isn't bad. But it is frustrating to spend the money and then what you get isn't what you thought.