document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, August 14, 2020

UNDER THE NEEDLE TODAY-

I was finally able to actually get to the sewing machine today--

And this is the first block that I stitched up--

 This months bird block is for the Flamingo--so pink it is--I usually try to find one fabric with a more all over floral pattern--but none in my stash--and I wanted contrast--these where the two-but I am not sure if I will use this one or redo it with other fabric--will see what 'fabrics' might show up in the mail by the end of October when this series is done????

And then a couple more blocks for the Jolly Bar top got stitched--

two butterfly blocks--these were really easy to make--

and then this afternoon I worked on stitching all the Jolly Bar blocks into rows--got the main rows done but now need to sew the long rows together with basic white strips, in between the rows--and then I have a 'plan' for how I want to do the outer border--but this will be put on next weeks list of 'to do's'--have other sewing plans for tomorrow--

And last night I finished up another, knitted baby sweater--

and started another one-and I think 'Di's' ill cause the next one is being done in Oranges and we all know orange is not a color Di likes to work with--she only likes orange in the fall in the form of pumpkins!!!

The other day I did get this string of LED lights attached to my sewing maching-

I ended up putting them on the back side under the arm part--as I did not want them in my 'eye' line--and I am happy to say that they are working and giving me more of the light I needed there to sew by!!

And remember when I ordered the set of 3 new rulers for marking the half square triangles--then I also ordered the new tape and have really enjoyed the new tape the best--no marking--unless the square is over 4" then I have used the longest one and it works great--but thought the 2 smaller ones wouldn't be used now--but look--

It is perfect for marking seam allowances for hand piecing!!  So they will be put to use also--it's funny sometimes how things work out--you get something for one purpose only to find it works better for something else!!!!

Now--about the new blogger format--

I am fine with it so far--except it double spaces things--I like to do short sentences--but now find I have to keep typing in long winded form--Are you finding this out too --- or do I have a setting or something wrong?????

Well--here comes another week end-- Are you doing anything new and exciting--??

Me neither--just staying home--sewing and watching races--at least the races give me something different to look forward to each week end--now if they would just let someone else win besides the same two---------------------grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

KEEP THINKING GOOD THOUGHTS AND FINDING WAYS TO LET OTHERS KNOW YOU ARE THINKING OF THEM--

LUV, DI



5 comments:

Julierose said...

I had the same problems with New blogger--which is why i reverted back to Legacy and will stay there for as long as i can...ugh!!
Very pretty pink block--those colors go perfectly...
hugs from afar--stay safe Julierose

Cheryll said...

EnJoY your sewing this weekend...
& FuNNy end to your post...xox

Maria said...

Great blocks Di and a sweet cardigan too.
I think an orange one will be lovely....
Pleased the LED light works and also the ruler.

Kate said...

You've been moving along on several fronts. Love the Jolly Bar blocks, very pretty fabrics. Happy stitching this weekend.

sunny said...

I've been thinking about those LED lights. You'll have to let me know what you think after you've had a chance to really try them. Adorable little sweater!!