document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, August 15, 2020

AND WHEN I AM OLD--

 I WILL WEAR PURPLE!!!

and red together--and I did for a few years when I was Queen Mother to a lovely group of women--I miss those women and all the fun times we had--oh well--life moves on!!

So as this month's color is Purple--

I got up and sewed with Purple--

first up was my Southern Lady's--

I really like that Lady on the left hand side in the hexagon print!!!! 

I also made up this Lady--

In my birthday box last week--there was a few odd 5" charm pieces and I just knew that I had to use this one for a Southern Lady block---

When I got out my container to make them--I made a 'funny' discovery and now need your help--

you know how some of the hands go up and some come down--well look at this one-

She has one hand 'up' and one hand 'down'--and I discovered that '6' of my blocks were this way--

SO--do you think I can leave them this way--or should I change them so they are all up or down??????

Then I went on the the star blocks--

and then cause I was having so much fun--I went on to the 9 patches--

So now my purple projects are done for the month--I am ready for a new color!!!!!

And here is another hand pieced Christmas Block--

Now isn't he just the cutest 'fox' you have ever seen???

And I have found a new method for doing these--I keep one, block, I have stitched in with the pieces for the next block and then I lay out the pieces on top of this block for each section and then stitch that section together and go on to the next one--that way I am not twisting the pieces and having to redo them--well--alright--most of the time--I did somehow reverse one set the other day!!!!!   I also used this method for the star blocks and it worked great--where as I usually have to unstitch a few before I am done!!!!


Time to go see if a race is on--or if it is raining in Daytona, Fl where this week races are--as it was raining here a little bit ago!!!

KEEP ON KEEPING BUSY--WITH GOOD THOUGHTS--IT 'S ALL THAT COUNTS--

LUV, DI




14 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh i would leave the hands as is...they are cute that way--
you have nice purple star blocks...I like that pattern...
and that fox is sooo cute
hugs from afar stay safe julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your lady's hands just the way they are! In one of Preeti's posts about the sisters blocks, she wrote about putting their hands in different positions, and it was so cute. Your other blocks are pretty in purple, too!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on the PURPLE sewing for the RSC and I would DEFINITELY leave the hands as they are!! Those ladies are trying to make a point. :o))

Deb A said...

Leave the hands as is..... adds personality... I do wonder what they are saying with that hand out.... is someone in trouble? I always pull a completed block for next to my machine as I work on my blocks each month. I did nine patches today too! Your blocks are lovely.

Joyce Carter said...

Hi Di. I hope you are doing well. We have been having thunderstorms every evening since the hurricane came up from Florida. I think it is time for them to stop now.
Your ladies are so pretty just the way they are. I would leave their hands the way that you have them. Your other blocks are beautiful too.

Rosemarie said...

Love the hand as it is, looks like she has her hand on her hip. She could be tired or just sassy!

Maria said...

Thought that's how you wanted her hand ! Love all your Sisters and also the other blocks....

grammajudyb said...

I agree! Leave the hand the way they are! It will be wonderful!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I would probably make some ladies with both hands down to make it look like you did it on purpose.

Linda in Arkansas said...

Oh up and down. There are beautiful blocks and the arms up and down make it more interesting!

andsewon said...

Love the ladies as they are! Purple..hummm now who does that remind me of??? ;-) We have had tons of rain and flooded roads here.

Kate said...

I'd leave the hands, it adds variety to the blocks. You have lots of pretty purples in those blocks. You definitely had a great week of all things stitchy.

Quilter Kathy said...

I would definitely leave the hands as they are. They are such lovely blocks! I just saw Preeti's quilt today and it is so beautiful! Great job on your hand piecing too!

sunny said...

I know I'm late, but leave the hands!!!! And I love your cat cartoon. How very true.