document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, September 13, 2020

RAINY SUNDAY

Yesterday, and today have been rainy here on the East Coast of Florida--

but my area has needed some rain--so I am thankful!!

OK--I am sure you all have been losing sleep over how I have put my Humpty Dumpty back together again--so here is the photo--


 I went with Blue-- and I sorted out and rearranged the blocks by the white print backgrounds instead of looking at the dress colors--I had used '3' different white on white backgrounds when I made the blocks a couple years ago--but --again I am stuck on where to go to finish this one--with the borders--guess an idea will come in time--in the mean time--I believe this one 'sings' to me better than the first one did!!!

And here is last weeks appliqued butterflies--


I only have one more ready to applique--so tomorrow will have to decide if I am doing more and what colors--think I have 23 done so far--humm--do I do more or not?????

And for slow stitching Sunday--

I traced off '13' designs yesterday-all Christmas ones--some where from a series I am doing from Facebook from "Love and Hugs"--I got one stitched up yesterday and this afternoon will be doing another one--


All these designs are just so cute!!!  I am using colored pencils on mine--some are doing them in applique, some in wool and some are coloring with crayons and some are just embroidering them in all red or blue!!

I am also busy working on hand quilting this new top--


I have the middle row all done so far!!!

I also had '3' anniversaries to celebrate this past week-- First on Sept 9th there was two events--one was my wedding day Sept 9th 1967--I would of been married 53 yrs--(we won't tell anyone it only really lasted for my husband for 7 years!) it was a big wedding and I had made my gown and all the bridemaids gowns so it was an important day in my life----- and then a biggy one of, one year ago--I got back on an airplane and flew back to Florida to live--My girl friend, Carolyn and I were going to celebrate with lunch at Cracker Barrel--but--the parking lot was full--too many in there for us at this time of Covid--so after we got groceries we went through the McDonalds drive thru!!!

and Yesterday, Sept 12th, a year ago I got the keys for this apartment and then today will make a full year that I have lived and slept in this apartment!!!

SIMPLE WORDS TODAY--BEE THANKFUL--

LUV, DI



9 comments:

Deb A said...

I love how you put humpty dumpty back together again! One year in the apartment! Congrats. We are about a week away from 9 years of being in Florida in our house.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The blue gives a really nice contrast to the dresses! I like it! LOVE the butterflies too. And I'm glad you are down here now. Take care and have a good afternoon! I'm watching football! YAY! Hugs!

Susie said...

Gosh, I love them all. Especially the love and hugs block. I'm too afraid to try the colouring. Glad you got some rain.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your dress quilt project, and had to scroll down to see how you changed it from before. The consistent blue corner triangles and borders look really nice, Di! It would be fun to find a border that goes with that pretty blue. Congrats on your anniversaries - it's good to be able to celebrate!

Cheryll said...

I like you dress layout...& all the stitching you've done really... so congrats xox

Maria said...

The dresses look lovely now, also the butterflies and love you cute teddy stitchery. I must buy some pencils one day.

Linda in Arkansas said...

Wow - has it been a year already? I'm so glad you made it back to Florida. I see you have done a great job putting your Humpty Dumpty Dress Quilt back together again. And great cartoon. That had me laughing!

Karen said...

I like the piece with all the little dresses. Quite fashionable.

Kate said...

The blue was an excellent choice for your humpty dumpty project. You've got some fun projects in the works. Hope you've been able to make good progress on all of them this week.