document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

INCHING ALONG

 I had a fabric order come in--so am able to get back to working on a couple projects--

this one I finished  up yesterday--


the center part is from '2' mini charm packs and was a leader/ender project--

But I had 'no' civil war type fabrics in my stash to do the borders--so made sure I ordered some on one of my orders for this month and picked the little white one and then the blue one for the borders--would of liked a darker blue--but this is the shade that I got--the top  is ready and so is the backing fabric--

I also cut the backing for the mermaid quilt--that one was close--I got just right the length of fabric needed and only had to cut about 2-3" off the side of backing-- so now these are nicely folded and will await to get their batting and basting done when I need another hand quilting project--


And today I am 'back' to working on the Jolly Bar strips--


First all the rows needed to be pressed and then I cut the lattice rows--just need to sew a couple rows together and then add a white row on the sides--then I have different 'plans' for my border row than the  pattern had--( once I decide how I want to do it--that is???)

Have spent a little time in uncluttering my cutting table too--it's a small table and it doesn't take much for it to feel even 'smaller' so have to put things away frequently!!!

I have also had to go to my 'back up' thimble--my thimbles are by TJ Lane--and about every 5 years I have to send one of them in for repair--cause someone who uses them all the time for hand quilting, applique, and embroidery--wears a small hole in the side of them--but I just send them back to her and she fixes them and sends them back to me--and all it costs me is the return postage!!!  So have no fear--I can keep hand quilting and such, cause I have the second thimble-and I did decide to go down one size in the hand quilting needle to see if that helps--I had forgotten I was using the smaller size and instead have been using the larger one now for months--my memory is just not what it used to be!!!!!!!!!

We just got a nice rain  shower here--wonder if it is from Sally--it came from that direction--well I need to get back to the Jolly Bar quilt-----

HAVE SOME FUN TODAY DOING SOMETHING YOU HAVE PUT OFF FOR A WHILE!

LUV, DI 



3 comments:

Kate said...

Very cute mini, I really like the brighter blue border, it makes the darker squares pop a bit. Hope you get in lots of stitching time this weekend.

Maria said...

I also like the fabrics you used for the mini border.
Enjoy stitching this weekend...

Linda in Arkansas said...

How nice to have a thimble that you can always use, and not worry about finding another every couple years. If I ever start using one I'll have to look her up. The jolly bar quilt is turning out very pretty. Do you watch Kimberley (Fat Quarter Shop) live on Fridays on Facebook/YouTube?