document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Friday, September 18, 2020

PROGRESS--

 Well time sure marchedflew by this week--

but I did get some good work done on some projects--so that is what really counts--right???

First--

was getting out the Jolly Bar strips from last month and sewing the lattice between the rows-and then a row of the 'white on white' went along the sides of the top--these strips were 2 1/2" wide--and the original 'stitch-along' stopped here--

But--

I decided to just keep going with it--


my 'girls' helped me pick fabrics from the leftover layer cake to make a wider border going around the quilt--this one is 3 1/2" wide--



This quilt came out large for me--53" x 58" and right now not sure where to hang it to get a full photo of the quilt--I will work on it!!

And then remember  'me' telling you about a new leader/ender project that I was working on--well--yesterday I had all those parts and pieces done and was able to put that one together--

It was the mini-magic block--and these are from the same charm pack!!
It was kinda fun to make--though-- I can't say I like these colors--????
now to find some border fabric for it!!

And I have finished another little baby sweater--
And now I working on some hats for sending in the same box as the sweaters--
and I hope the 'fairies' get around and sew buttons on these sweaters one day soon!!!

This morning I went on a little adventure--
Girl friend, Frannie picked me up and we went to a plaza that had a Staples and a Dollar tree--
I really needed to drop off some empty computer ink cartridge's for credit and then we went to the Dollar Tree to spend some Dollars--I didn't have a big list--but really needed a couple small containers and few odds and ends--Then we were trying to decide what to do for lunch , but the sky was looking 'angry' so we just went on to the grocery store--I needed some salmon and a nice cake for this week end for a birthday dinner for my son--his birthday was yesterday--I will cook dinner, and we will eat outside--I just hope the weather is nice and not rainy--we will see!!!   Most folks had masks on--but there was a couple in each store that did not--guess, they feel they are 'smarter' than we are--got news for them!!!

BE SURE TO FILL YOUR WEEK END UP WITH SOME LOVE AND KINDNESS!
LUV, DI


 



1 comment:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi Di, I love seeing how your work progresses and how you make your own adjustments :) The minimagic blocks look good together, I think. Enjoy your son’s birthday dinner. We are blessed here that don’t have to be so strict on social distancing - we can meet family and close friends, and only need masks on buses.
Stay safe. Hugs.