document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, January 10, 2021

SUNNY SUNDAY

 but--for Florida --it is very chilly--only 37 when I woke up this morning????

It has been an 'odd' week here for me--yet-- I can't decide what was really 'odd' about it-

 I just seem to be busy--but not with my normal routine--I know I make no sense--do I????

I have played around with my linens and old hankies--

and this project took some time on 2 days, to decide and to plan out what I wanted to do --with the linens that I have for this quilt--I have 4 butterfly hankies I am using now for 4 of the 6 star blocks we need to make for the quilt--and have an idea for the other 2--the one in the photo I did get, all tacked down!!  Need to get the other 3 tacked down (I used a very thin thread to do the tacking!!)

I also got this counted cross stitching piece--reframed--

Remember before I moved back here in Sept 2019 (which seems like years ago now!!) I took everything out of the frames to get as much in each box for shipping--so now I have to reframe everything-this piece was in a wood frame and the frame was really too small anyways--!!

Today I finally--unboxed one of my Christmas gifts for DD--
a cordless iron--and it is in this pretty aqua carrier with a handle on it-
will mainly use this iron for when I am ironing the top, backing and batting for putting a quilt together--
and I am not a fan of steam--but can use this iron with steam or without--need to get a quilt top done so I can play with it!!!

And here is proof that I am working at working!!


See the cutting pressing table is back up and being used!!!!

I also made a list of project from 2020 that need to be put together and it numbers 7-- I believe-- and the 8th one is an old ufo that did not fit on the Dirty Dozen challenge for this year--!!

So far I have been talking myself out of doing a couple of the new ones I had seen at the first of the year--but then did see a couple other new ones coming out this month and next--that has me 'thinking'???

And for--

I am steadily working on this counted cross stitching piece-


And yes more has been done on this piece--I just forgot to take a new photo of it--sorry!! the roof is done and a couple more pine trees are done!

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Here is a Walmart story for you--

I decided to do a grocery pick up again this month --and my son said he would pick it up after work on Saturday and deliver it to me--did the order and set the pick up time for 5-6 Saturday night--well--Walmart called me to tell me they were cancelling my whole order around 2:30 pm--I believe it was because not enough employees showed up to work and there was no one to fill the order!!!!   So we are trying it for Monday evening and see what happens--

Our Covid counts here are really really high right now--So I am not going anywhere if I can help it!!!  And I believe the counts are high everywhere right now--so be careful if you have to go someplace--!



KEEP THOSE MACHINES --HUMMING--AND THOSE NEEDLES FLYIN--

HUGS, DI



6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

your cross stitches look great.....stay safe from covid.......

Julierose said...

Really lovely cross stitch piece--yes here in SE CT our counts are going up too. I do early morning Srs only Hrs. at our grocery...the only place I've gone since last March...but it still makes me very anxious...
Hugs Julierose
Be safe

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It always feels good to get organized and know what you want to work on at the beginning of the year. It will be fun to reframe some of your stitcheries so you can re-hang them. Hope your grocery order is filled tomorrow - that kind of thing is so frustrating!

Janice said...

Your hankies will look so good as the centres of the stars. Have fun with your pother projects and I hope you can get your groceries soon.

Carol said...

I'm glad you have so many different projects to keep you busy, Di. Continue to stay safe! HUGS!

sunny said...

Love your cross stitch. I'm really getting back into that again. Just what I DON'T need, LOL! And I'm jealous of your sunny yellow butterfly. I'm using a pink and a blue in my quilt, but I don't think I've ever seen one in yellow. I can't believe Walmart canceled your order! I was shorted more things than usual on my last grocery order, so I guess things are starting to get short again? I'm pretty well stocked up with food and stash, so I should be good.