document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, February 4, 2021

IT'S BEEN A WEEK OF--

 Doing it "over's"--

I have gotten only half of what I could of gotten done this week--

if I hadn't had to do each stitch over again--

it started with this project on Tuesday morning--

I decided I wanted to get a bit  done on the Farmhouse piece-- do you see a problem here???  Well--
it's because  '3' of these triangles are the wrong color threads--and I was having such an easy time stitching those 3 in--for some reason I looked at the color pattern --instead of the black and white chart I was working from--and seen I was doing the color wrong!!!  This morning I corrected the piece-they are now all white triangles--the next color on this one is probably the red one--only---
I discovered the thread I had ordered that was listed as the red one for this project--was not really a red or even a rusty red--but a washed out orangey color--I want a redish color for this project--(and I have '6' skeins of this orangey color--) I went through all my red floss boxes and just did not find what I wanted--so now I have 'lots' of shades of red coming in--from 2 different companies to see if 'miss fussy pants' here can find one she likes!!!!

In quilting I have been working on this project for a couple days now--


and this is where the story of my life gets really interesting!!!

I was stitching the sets of blocks to go between these blocks --yesterday--


When the top spool of thread broke--so I just rethreaded the machine and keep on going--

big mistake--I did alot of the sewing--then happened to turn one of the blocks around and noticed a loopy mess of thread--welll---guess the bobbin thread also jumped off course--and everything I had stitched since I rethreaded the machine--had to 'ripped' out and restitched!!!!    And when I went back to the project this morning--it seemed I was still ripping things out--I got the 2 blocks on the far right row--twisted--and did not notice it until--after that row was stitched together!!!!

SO --I now know how to unstitch as well as I do--to stitch--

Now--I need to ask your opinion--I can leave the blocks the way it is in the upper photo--or I can add more to it-


 with like these two rows going between the 3 rows--I could also do a row going all around the top piece--I do have enough fabric pieces cut??????????

And my little hand held camera is having 'temper' trauma's!!!!  I finally had to get out my 'big' camera to get these shots--but that camera is hard to get close up shots--so I really need to get me a new little camera!!!

Oh--and I ordered me a 5ft folding table so I can hand baste the larger quilt tops--it came in--and it was sooo heavy--come to find out the box says 'resin' table--heavy--must of weighted 40 lbs--it won't work for me--so I had to print out a label and it goes back tomorrow--still have to go look for a new table now too!!!!

AS I said--it's been a week of do-over's that is for sure--!!!

I did get another baby sweater finished--

and when I went to set up another sweater on the needles--it took '4' trys--have no idea why--just kept counting wrong for some reason!!!!

and here is my first couple blocks stitched up for the Crabapple Hill stitch along--



and this was time consuming also--in trying to decide for sure what colors of floss I wanted on mine and how I wanted to 'frame' each little block!!

But--I had two breaks today--

first the Dermatologist  came today and she removed a skin tag on my neck that was bothering me--so I have a little boo-bo!! ( no pain--but got a band-aid!!!:-)

and then the Public health nurse came and gave me my B-12 injection--!!  So I did get some lovin attention!!!

BE REAL CAREFUL OUT THERE--THERE IS ALOT OF MIS-IMFORMATION ON THESE NEW VACCINES --LISTEN CAREFULLY WHEN THEY ARE GIVING THEM YOU--CAUSE YOU STILL NEED TO WEAR A MASK AND SOCIAL DISTANCE--

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY--LUV, DI


This tree is in our lobby--


and here is mine--notice it says--love bug on it--wonder who made them!!!!

 


3 comments:

Carol said...

{{{{{Di}}}}} I'm so sorry you had a week of "do-overs". There are times like that in everyone's sewing, but you just have to fix it when you do notice something is amiss.

I love the tree! :-)

Maria said...

Oh yes we do all have those days that we need to unpick....
Now you've got both on the right track.
Nice heart tree.

sunny said...

Perhaps you need to lay down ALL the needles, and have a little nap. Or a long walk? I always knew you were a little love bug!!