document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 21, 2021

SUNDAY --CHAT!

 OK--lets see--what did I get done or work on this past week--


I had decided to design an angel for each month for --color of the month--and as this month was yellow I started with one--intending to do a pink one--and I had big plans to do '3' of each color--well --I am stalled out on them--not sure I like her--as is????

I did get some lace in for the other color of month project (hearts) and also these butterflies--so what do you think--do you like the first angel or this one with the butterfly--or do you have another idea for them??????

here is where I am on the crazy hearts so far--these are slow going for the lace and accent stitching--I am new to this and not sure just what to do on them--but I figure-- I will figure it as I go along!!!

And yesterday -- here is where I finished off with the round robin sewalong--
and I am not sure I want to make this any bigger--it is now 32x32"--we will see???

It seems like I have had to wait all month for orders to come in--got behind on the round robin cause I was waiting for more fabric to come in-- in the Laundry Basket line for this quilt and for my weekly challenge project--oh-I don't think I showed you this block yet-

I am behind on this project--only got one block done for this month--need to get the other '3' done this week--hopefully--(this is more dark red that the photo shows too!!)

On Thursday this week--my friend Frannie and I got up early and left to be at the Zoo by 9am--yep--I finally got brave and went--my membership runs out on the 28th of this month--we got there by 9am--but only stayed an hour, before it got really crowded and although you 'have' to wear a mask at all times there--(even though it is outside) it was just too crowded--so us 'old' ladies left!!!



After the Zoo we stopped in to see how Hobby Lobby was doing---- and some more pretty cotton yarn for baby sweaters jumped right into my cart--

and later as I was too tired to do much else--I started getting it all rolled into balls!!!
I also bought just 3 pieces of fabric--Opps--I seem to be missing some Zoo photos and the fabric one--I chose some teals and dk blues for the new hand piecing stitch along that starts tomorrow--so you will be seeing the fabrics then--
But the happiest thing happened while there--
these jumped into my cart--toooo!!

Bunny plates--I will use these all spring and summer for my lunch and dinner plates!!! and I am not sure why those speckled eggs came home with me--but they did!!!


And then we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch and the one next door to Hobby Lobby now has outdoor seating and we had a lovely meal there--outside-and the weather was perfect--though it was hard to sit there and enjoy eating outside knowing so many people where freezing-with no water or food!!
But a pretty red truck came home with me from there and I found a couple neat gifts for some birthdays that are coming up--

And after a quick grocery store stop--(and that is where I got the house plant that is in the above photo)-- I came home--a tired but happy camper!!!

As for counted crossing stitching--
I have one piece completed for the stitching--

and then I have 'nearly' completed the first block on the Farmhouse series--

I do not have the right red I need yet for this series--I have been waiting and waiting for the order to come in-well--I discovered on Friday-that I had not 'pushed' the final--submit order button--so I really hadn't ordered it---silly me--this also happened on another order I did last Sunday for some Cross stitch patterns, to a different company!!!
And let me tell you that outer border of the white--looks simple--but it has driven me to need to--


want to eat this 'whole' bar of chocolate-instead of my normal '2' squares!!!!  And to think that all '9' blocks have this white edging on them--oh dear me!!!!!!

And I got a surprise in the mail on Friday--

I won this on the Academic Quilter site--from Mari--back before Christmas--she had to send it out 2 times as they kept saying they couldn't find me!!!  So now I need to think of some St.  Patty's day sewing for these---Thanks, Mari !!!!

Well--that's all for now--folks!!!

KEEP BREATHING AND STITCHING AND READING AND MOST OF ALL--KEEP BEING SAFE--LUV, DI







6 comments:

Carol said...

I like the angel holding the lacy butterfly. :-) Those angels are cute!

Stay safe and keep stitchin', Di!

Julierose said...

Love your little angel project--just so adorable...all nice projects...hugs, Julierose

sunny said...

I LOVE your little angel, both ways! Maybe decide on the butterfly after you've added a few more blocks to your collection? And now I want speckled eggs. Oh, and I like to eat off fun plates, too! It snowed again here today, but I think it will all be melted by later today or tomorrow.

ButterZ said...

I love the angel withthe lace butterfly

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I love your angel Di! Hmmm... funny how the yarn just jumps into shopping baskets.... :) xx

Kate said...

The angel is really cute, so are your lacy hearts. You've got lots of fun projects in the works. It's still taking quite a while to mail certain things. It seems to be worse when I mail from south to north.