document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, February 25, 2021

SOME WORK AND SOME FUN!

 It's been a busy couple days so far this week--

First I got 'step one' done on the new Hand piecing sew along--

at this time I am only planning on doing the one block--so just made one center block!

And I am finished with the yellow yo-yo's for this month--
I seem to be making around 32-34 of these in each color --each month--

Monday and Tuesday when I had time--I did some tracing out of some embroidery designs--

There is at least '4' designs here--2 are Jenny's--(behind on that one) and one is the new one from
Joys blog post this week--that one I am going to color with crayons--and then I traced out the truck one-that one will be colored in with pencils and I plan to change the color of the truck!!!

I had also signed up for a monthly auto club over at Just another Button shop--


and February's came in-it's $16 a month and each month they send you the button pins and a pincushion pattern--they are so sweet and cute--!!!!  I did see this from another blog site and I'll be darned if I can't find it now--but who ever you are--thanks--I now have something to really look forward to each month!!!

And Yesterday, Miss Frannie and I went shopping-- I really needed a new pair of Sketchers sneakers and Bealls here in Florida had them on sale and I had another 15% off coupon --so it was a good time to go--did find what I was looking for--and look what also decided she just had to come home with me!!!

Miss Crab---I had been looking for something for this space in my bathroom--and she makes me smile everytime I am in there--!!!!
We then did a quick grocery stop at Publix--I am stocking up on water again and needed some yogurt--and then we went to Long John Silver's for take out--got the fish and shrimp platters for $7 and there was 2 big pieces of fish and 6-7 shrimps, 2 hushpuppies, french fries, and another side--a lot of food--I had enough for a second meal--we drove to my local library and sat in the parking lot to eat it and to watch all the birds, and ducks -and geese--one pigeon was as large as a small hen!!!!!  
(And a side note--Miss Frannie is going into surgery again on March 4th --she needs to have a repair done on another hernia--poor thing!)

Today I have been working on this one--
I had really 'hoped' to have the top all done by quitting time--but I discovered that 2 panels of flowers needed some embroidery details and decided to do that before it got too large and that took time--so now it is almost done--just the outer border needs to be sewed on--they are all cut--so maybe next post  I will have a finished top!!!

HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY--LUV, DI




5 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

You have some lovely projects on the go! Looking forward to seeing your progress xx

Carol said...

Sounds like a lovely day full of accomplishments! Hope Miss Franny gets well quick. HUGS!

Kate said...

You've been busy this month with yo yo's and an almost finish to show off. Have a great weekend.

sunny said...

Your little crab is adorable! I'm glad it makes you smile while you're brushing your teeth. Thanks for the reminder to head over to Joy's. I saw her block when I was on my phone, but can't print from there.

Lianne makes stuff said...

What are you going to be doing with the yo yo's?