document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, February 28, 2021

LAST SUNDAY IN FEBRUARY--

 So it's time for some --"What did I accomplish in  February stuff!!!"

First is--

and I did get this project to the finished top stage--
This is an older set of blocks I did and they have waited a while to get even this far--
then there was waiting for the right fabrics for the 2 borders--that lighter one took a couple tries in ordering fabric on line to get it right!!!  And this one --is one that did come out larger than I thought it would so now it has to wait  awhile longer to be layered and basted until I can find a larger table!!
but at least in this stage I can enjoy it awhile hanging on the wall --as is!!!

And here is the '4' blocks I chose to do this month--out of the book The Splendid Sampler--
which I am naming--'Di's 2021' quilt project-
I already showed you the one heart in the lower right hand corner--the other three where just made--
the embroidered one--I spent time off and on this past week doing--the upper left had one is foundation paper pieced and I did that one yesterday afternoon and I was amazed that I remember how to do paper piecing as it has been a very long time since I have done any!!!  and that '6' heart one was also a challenge yesterday--as the little hearts there on the tops of them to make them heart shaped--those are just 1" squares to make those corners!!!!!  And did you notice a theme here for February's picks????

For--Slow Stitching Sunday--


Here is where I am on my counted cross stitching--I am on the second pattern now--
I am still--yep--still waiting on my red threads to come in so I can pick a color I like--hopefully that order will be here in the next couple days--!!!  So both of these will look different when the thread gets here--but in the meantime--I can work around it!!!!

And today is the last day to embroider on this years Crabapple Hill stitchery for the month--
and I have kept up with each day's rectangle--and plan to finish the last one later this afternoon while watching the race--so will show that soon!!!

And we are on to the color 'green'---for March--
and a new number for the Dirty Dozen will be chosen tomorrow--
and the second step for the new Hand piecing project will be out tomorrow--
so lots of fun work happening this next week!!!

Brain teaser--
Question- What flies around when it's born, lies still when it's living and runs when its life is over???
Answer at the bottom of todays post!!!

BE KIND BE SAFE --
LUV, DI



answer--A snowflake!!!


5 comments:

CathieJ said...

That quilt top is fantastic! I have had to make a variety of online fabric orders to get the correct colors also. It is somewhat frustrating. I love the heart blocks. I feel for you with those 1" blocks. Your cross-stitch is really pretty. Your brain-teaser and cartoon made me smile!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Thanks for the chuckles! Your heart blocks are really cute!

Maria said...

Cute finished flimsy...
Nice Heart blocks and I love your cross stitch.

Patty said...

Nice! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

sunny said...

Pretty hearts! And I love your cross stitch! That's what I've been doing lately, so I don't have much to share. It's slow going, but I'm loving it!