document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, March 18, 2021

DID YOU WORK WITH GREEN YESTERDAY???

 I did--I even wore my green t-shirt that says--Lucky on it all day--

though I only left the apartment once for a quick run to the front desk--so hardly anyone seen my green--oh well--maybe next year--we can be out and about more--for us here--yesterday was also our 1st Anniversary of 'shut down' cause of Covid and them closing the dinning room and beauty shop--now--who would of thought a year ago--that it would be a whole year later and still not be safe --still have to be super careful cause of Covid--!!!!!!

I finally got this months green heart designed--and see that 'cute' little squirrel in the upper
left hand corner--well--he was very squirrely yesterday and I had to redo that corner piece several times to get him centered enough that I won't cut off his tail in the 1/4" seam when I sew the blocks together!!!  Silly little guy!!!!

And I got the binding sewed on the Crabapple embroidery piece yesterday--
and then this afternoon--I got the 'charms' sewn on it--

here on the bottom left--

you see a padlock--(I need to find a small key charm to add beside it--)

And looky here--a pretty rabbit wanted to be on this one!!! and there is a small charm in the needles block of a needle and thimble--(I stitched on thread needles as I did not want to add real needles and have them rust over time!!)  also at the top of the larger block is a clock charm--with means it is time to stitch and create and there is a little bird charm in the saying--
On this side is a small sewing machine charm and pair of scissors for the sewing we need to do!!

and I finished off a small baby sweater--

which just happened to be shade of green--

and though not green--I did get the next set of blocks--house blocks--stitched up in the hand piecing stitch along--


And now one more green item--
this tree is growing across the driveway --when I walk out the side door to start my walk--

If you look closely you can see there is a 'tree' growing inside of another tree--
it's actually 2 trees--neat!!!

KEEP SMILING AND KEEP BEING CREATIVE--
LUV, DI



4 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi Di, The embroidery piece is beautiful. Love all the small details.
Stay safe. Hugs.

Carol said...

You are just AMAZING!!! So many little details! :-)

Maria said...

Lots of green going at your place Di.. cute jumper....
Great saying in your last pic.....

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love your crabapple wallhanging, so pretty! xx