document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 21, 2021

SUNDAY THANK YOU'S

 Here we are at another Sunday--one that started off dark and grey--but now is all blue sky and sunny!!



I want to take a minute or so and thank those who took the time to comment and say they were sorry that my dear friend Frannie had passed away--they are:

Sunny, Lola, Kate, Maria, Carol H, Julierose, Deb A, Butter Z, and Anne-Lise--and I hope I did not miss anyone's name--But to everyone I want to say 'thank you for caring enough to comment and share my grief with me for a moment or two'--Blessings to each of you!



I try real hard to keep busy--but do often find myself teary eyed--and now the last two days--all I have been able to think about is 'what' we did not get to do this past year cause of Covid--I know I am not the only one who is going through this and who is asking the same questions--so I share your grief too!!


NOW--I have a problem and want your help--


Here is where I am with the Blessing blocks--But--But I really don't think I like this grey fabric--

I think it has come out too dark and it is what you see--instead of the pretty blocks--What do you think???   Remember I don't mind 'de-stitching'--have to give the seam ripper some action now and then-right????

And for slow stitching--this is the project I am working on--


And this will be my hand work project later this afternoon--while I watch today's Nascar race!!
But first I need to get my few Easter decorations down off the shelf and do some decorating!!
that little bag of eggs I bought the last time I was at Hobby Lobby --they are wanting out of that bag and to into the light of the world--at least that is what they keep telling me!!!!!

YESTERDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING--DID YOU DO ANYTHING SPECIAL TO CELEBRATE--
LUV AND HUGS, DI





7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so sorry you lost your dear friend Frannie. I went back and looked at the photo you shared and she was a beautiful lady and I know a kind hearted person. It is so hard to lose those we spend time with. I'm sending you extra hugs today. You are always so thoughtful to send me cards for every occasion. I appreciate everything you do for all of your friends. Hugs, Diane

Maria said...

Keep busy and strong Di and it’s ok to a some teary days.....hugs 🤗

Yes I can’t say I like the grey either ... how would a pale blue spot or tone on tone go????

Julierose said...

It is so very hard to keep busy as you say--but hang in there kiddo...
What about a nice, Spring minty green to go with those pretty
embroideries? Such a lovely quilt...hugs and good thoughts Julierose

Carol said...

Di, it is hard to lose a close friend, but as time goes by and you think of Frannie, you will smile and remember the good times you had together. Not sure what to suggest with the blessings blocks "dividers", but some of the suggestions are worth trying. I agree that the gray is just too dark for those lovely blocks. HUGS!!!!
P.S. LOVE the telephone giggle!!!!!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Hi there, I agree the grey is a bit dark. Maybe a shade of green?
The telephone joke is cute :))
Hugs!

sunny said...

Well, I would say a lighter gray, or maybe a green? Yes, it is very sad to think of the things that we didn't get to do last year, and now we won't get another opportunity. I finally got my first shot, so will be rejoining the human race soon.

ButterZ said...

I’m not sure if the photo is a true colour but I would also say a lighter grey or thinner sashing would work. I would also add ribbons for curtain ties too. This could work as a diversion from the grey