document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, March 25, 2021

LITTLE BITS

 Boy, as I start to write this post--

I am asking myself--What did I do this week??? What did I work on this week??

It has seemed to be a week with alot of body aches and pains-so it's been slow going--I guess--!!

Here is what I remember working on--

Got the last set of blocks made for the hand piecing quilt along--these took one afternoon to cut and mark and then stitch together and I am happy that all '4' came out to the perfect size!!!

And another afternoon and evening project was--
Unstitching these blocks--did you notice the 'curtains' I stitched on each one (actually I appliqued them on--) may get to go shopping tomorrow to try to find a better fabric for putting this one together again!!

And I worked on these '2' pin cushions--

Remember these are from "Just Another Button Co" in their monthly program--each one has '3' pins that came with the pattern--and like one friend said to me--what are you going to do with them???  I have NO answer--do we always know what we are going to do with what we make at the time????  

And I did some other hand work--worked on Counted Cross stitching and on embroidery of the truck piece and making yo-yo's and have started the hand quilting on another quilt--plus my knitting--so I do stay busy-even when in pain!!!

And Tuesday afternoon late, my Son and his girl friend, Sarah came and picked me up and they surprised me with a stop at a
 'Tasty Freeze' as we called them in NY--and I got a soft ice cream twist of chocolate and vanilla--then they took me to Bealls - so I could exchange the new shoes I'd gotten a couple weeks ago--and I want to know -are they making sneakers/shoes out of 'gold' these days????  They wanted $70-$90 for one pair of sketchers shoes---(we had shopped on a big sale day the first time and I only paid $35 for that pair--which is a stretch for me--but have  liked sketchers ever since I moved to FL!!!!!!  But one pair only lasts me year!!!---I did find a pair on sale rack--for $20--but they are not walking shoes and I need a good pair of walking shoes!!!   And then they took me to Publix for my monthly grocery shopping trip--so - it was nice to get out--it had been 2-3 weeks since I had been anywhere!

OH and I did some Easter decorating--

 and here is a close up of the Cracker Barrel truck--

Us 'chicks' want to go and have lunch at Cracker Barrel!!!!

HOW DID YOU DECORATE FOR EASTER?????
LUV, DI







5 comments:

Karen said...

Have you made friends in your building that like handwork like you do?

Deb A said...

If you enjoy making it and it makes you smile - then it is worth it. It will find the proper home when the time is right. I notice that they have the sneakers on sale every 2-3 weeks at Bells. I tend to get the Ryka walking sneakers... and pick them up when they are $30... about every 3-4 months. I think the hot pavement wears the tread down here! I ask myself every week what I have done! Never can remember =)

piecefulwendy said...

Sounds like a fun outing, despite the spendy shoes. Ice cream makes everything better!

Maria said...

Some weeks it is hard to remember what we’ve done!
How nice of your son and girlfriend to pick you up for an outing and shopping....
Yep Sketchers are expensive in Aussie too.

sunny said...

Oh man, now I want to go to Cracker Barrell for pancakes! Yummo. Sounds like you had a pretty nice outing. It sure will be nice when we can start getting out more.