document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, March 28, 2021

NEXT SUNDAY--

 Wow--next Sunday--the first Sunday in April-will be Easter!!  You know what that means right???

You have to be on the look out for --bunnies and chicks everywhere--
especially those chocolate ones!!!

I have been slow again this month to make my '4' blocks from the book--
but got one all finished this week--

and have the pieces all cut for one block--just need to get to the sewing machine to stitch that block--
and have '2' blocks started that have alot of hand work on them--one is pretty much all applique--the other one is a bit of applique (which I got stitched last night) and the rest is embroidery work--so I am working on them--and I still have 3 1/2 days to get them finished--along with the rest of my green yo-yos!!!  and then there is seeing what I have in Aprils color of blues to start all over again!!!

I finally did something yesterday that I have not done in over a year--other than one drop off of stuff about 6 months ago---I went over town to the thrift store--Molly Mutts--(remember when I used to go there at least every other week and come home with some treasures???)  I had to take a bag of things over for donation and I went early--so I was able to shop before the store started getting busy (the store is small and it doesn't take alot of folks for it to be full and crowded!!)
and I just know you are 'choppin' at the bits to see what came home with me--
a very small platter--
I love forget me knots--and that black spot is in the glaze --

and you know how much I love roses--

That edging is a pretty green--and I think this will look nice in my shelf decoration--am thinking after Easter of redoing the shelves in my secretary piece--time for a new look and some new things to look at!!

And this find--


a delightfully cute teacup and saucer!!

And this little gal wanted a new home and choose me--

I have a small bear collection of bears this size and smaller--but none have dresses on them--I just could not leave her there--even though she was expensive--$4.00!!!  But all the money goes for a good cause--cats and dogs--so it really wasn't a hard decision!!!
They had a lot more teacup and saucers--so may be going back to look again and I seen anew shop just 3 doors before the thrift store that looks like my kind of place--so need to go back and go in and check it out--was really surprised to have seen a new place open up (in the last 6 months) with this Covid stuff going on for the last year!!!!

Oh and I got another block done--

on the Farm house counted cross stitching series and I have started the 4th block--this one has 2 black sheep and a big red barn!!!

REMEMBER TO WATCH OUT FOR THOSE RABBITS AND CHICKS AND EGGS--!!!
LOL--LUV, DI




5 comments:

Julierose said...

Just a lovely teacup and saucer--wonderful find...hugs, Julierose

Kim said...

The hexies block us do pretty. The finished cross stitch is lovely, too. You certainly found some treasures in the thrift shop.

Maria said...

Good to have made some progress with your hexie blocks.
Nice pick up at the thrift shop....
Love the quote in your last picture....

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Very pretty cup and saucer, and plates. And a cute little bear to visit with your others :)). and I really love the Farmhouse cross stitching.
Hugs

Carol said...

Di, always the inspiration for all of us! Thanks for putting me more in the holiday spirit. ;-) I wish I could see your apartment in person. So many lovelies! HUGS!