document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, May 2, 2021

PROGRESS AND NEW PLANS--

 Well here we are "end and beginning" time--

we ended the month of April and now have May to look forward to and all it's newness and new plans and new goals and for some of us--a new age!!!

My goal for April was working at finishing these blocks into a quilt top--

I did get it to this part--


and then the problems started in--again!!!  How to finish it off--tried to do it how the pattern showed--with triangle pieces on the border--but my pieces just would not come out to size--and I spent more than one day working on them and recutting and resewing--then cut some strips and thought I would use just straight strips with a strip of white between the them--but --that was just not approved --by the quilt--soooo--I was ready to just leave off any kind of border--but then this idea 'struck' me--


So this is what I am working on now--I am hand sewing the red rick rack on now--So I did work on this top all month--just did not get it finished--yet!!!!

But I did get this one finished during the month of April--



This is square--I have to lay them on my floor for photos and so they all look crooked!!

And here is where I am on my slow stitching project--


I am on block #7 now--a big white barn--(this one also looks crooked--but is not!!) and this is slow--cause I seem to have to always be taking out sections as the count is off or something!!!  But it is coming right along--!!!  

Now for May's goals--the dirty dozen number for May is #8 and that is this one--


The blue hearts--I did a couple years ago--and this one should be fun--cause of all the new blue fabrics I just got in--I just know a couple of them just might want to join these hearts for borders--or????

And then we have the red fabric color for this month and my '4' blocks from the book--Plus I am starting a new stitch along that has to do with hexagon's --old linens--lace and beads--oh wait--

I was going to take this month off and 'spring clean'--someone forgot to do that in March??????

HAVE FUN WITH MAKING YOUR MAY'S GOALS--

LUV AND HUGS, DI





5 comments:

CathieJ said...

I love the rick-rack idea for the border. Congratulations on the winter quilt finish. I really like your cross-stitch piece. That nasty frog has been visiting me too even though I try to count carefully. Enjoy your stitching!

Deb A said...

Great idea with the rick rack. It fits the quilt really well. Can't wait to see what those blue hearts become.

Maria said...

I seam to be good at making flimsy ‘s but like you have a hard time finishing..
The ricrak border does look good and love your cross stitch.
Nice Blues ....

sunny said...

Love all your blue fabrics! And the red ric rac is perfect for your other quilt. What a great idea.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Love the ric rac border! Such beautiful projects.. and hope you had a great birthday xx