document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

RAIN DROPS A-FALLEN

 ON MY HEAD--well actually outside--it's raining some--we do need some rain so it is a welcome sound and sight--and I did get a walk in this morning while the sun was still shinning -- so I am a happy camper!!

And first up is some 'stitchy' finishes--

I got the 12th block done on Jenny's little applique/embroidery pieces the other day-

though I think I am going to fill that one flower in with a satin stitch this afternoon--


and this 'poor' little ornament was started a year ago--and then sat in the sewing box for a whole year--but now it's happily finished as far as the embroidery goes on it--

And now for #5 of the new Snowmen embroideries-

we are 'ice skating' on this one--and I see I forgot to stitch a snowflake on this one--so it will go 'under' the needle this afternoon too!!!!! I have started the stitching on #6 --this one will be skiing!!

And I am still steadily working on the hand quilting on the Christmas panel and knitting on a  pair of socks-and a baby sweater--so my hands do keep busy!!!

We are having a door decorating contest here in the building this week--so Sunday I did a walk though the whole building all 4 floors and took photos--there is not really that many who are actually signed up to be in the contest--
we will start off with my door --

I did do some more work on the stockings to get them to hang straighter--it was a job for sure!!!
and the signs on the angels say--Merry, Peace, Hope, Faith--
and here is some other doors--
this is the one that I think will get first prize--$50 vista card-


Charlie Brown is always a winner---

and some others--





more next post--hoping I remember--I do not know just which apartments signed up to have their doors judged--there is 3 prizes to be given by the 'Jolly Judges'!!!

CHRISTMAS IS EVEN CLOSER TODAY THAN IT WAS YESTERDAY--SO TAKE A DEEP BREATHE AND SIT AND CHILL FOR 10 MINUTES TODAY--

HUGS, DI  





4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like your little elf on your door. I got down my box of pixies and put them here and there around the house! It's fun now to see them out getting into mischief! Holiday hugs!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

A nice idea to decorate the doors! And I see you are busy as usual. The snowmen are cute. 🤶

Ratana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sunny said...

I think you did a great job on your door!I always love that you participate in this type of thing. I know that you enjoyed doing it, and it brings a little much-needed cheer to your neighbors. HoHoHo!