document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Saturday, February 5, 2022

SO FAR IN THIS NEW YEAR---

It has not been smooth sailing--for me or for other's I am hearing--it seems "things" are just plain breaking down or going haywire--electronics, appliances ,health, weather issues!!! 

Some have been expensive replacements-- others small fixes--but they have taken time to figure out--at least no one is alone in this --we all have lots of company--I am hearing!!!

Now on to some real news--lets turn our attention to stitching--

I am late with posting--(ok and doing something for 'red' month)--

 I seemed to get lots of ideas--but--nobody worked on them--then this idea popped into my little 'pea' brain-


a big 3 layer flower--here is the red one and I am working on appliqueing the teal one--

I have a couple different ideas on how to finish these for the centers--only time will tell which way the wind blows!!!

And I did this wool birdhouse piece--

there was alot of cutting and stitching on this one-this is going to be a gift for Valentines day!!

And of course I am doing the Crabapple embroidery stitch along for February--
and here is the first '4' days of birdhouses---I did start this piece on the 1st and the first thing was that little blue bird and there  is 7 of them in this piece--so I did stitch all '7' of them that first day--that way I could do all the pink tummy's--black eyes, gold beaks and blue bodies with out having to change the thread 4 times on each one as they came up--I also added a couple more birds--a couple cardinals and a couple yellow birds!!!  And I have added 2 other colors to my birdhouses--aqua and purple ones!!  You know me--always have to change or add something!!!!

I had my yearly Cardiologist appointment on Thursday and my friend Carolyn took me--all seems fine and reset a new appointment for in a year--Then we went shopping--
one stop was a Dollar Tree--and these cute socks jumped into my cart for my babies--they will go in the box with the baby sweaters--
( I want a baby so I can dress it in these sweet socks!!)

And I found this pair for adults-

for my friend Anne in NY--she collects these socks with cats on them--and yes I also send her knitted socks!!!  And talking about knitted socks--I have a new pair I am working on--and now one I have to unknit about 2" or more of the design part--as I knitted too lose--oh well--that's life and one of just many things going on in this 'funky' new year so far!!!!!!

Well--it is a grey cooler day here again--so I am going to put my flannel pj's on and sit in my rocker and stitch and watch the series --Joe Pickett on Spectrum--everyone has been talking about it so I checked it out last night and watched the first 4 episodes -- and yes--a mid afternoon snack!!!!!!!!!

BE THANKFUL FOR EACH MOMENT OF EACH HOUR OF EACH DAY--EVEN WHEN THOSE 'FUNKY' THINGS HAPPEN TO YOU!!
HUGS, DI
see even this 'poor' guy has something 'funky' going on!!



 


1 comment:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Hello--thank you for reading--and may your day be blessed!
hugs, diane