document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 10, 2022

KEEPING COOL WITH CHRISTMAS PROJECTS--

What about you????  Still haven't heard that, but a couple of you are working on Christmas projects this year--!!!!   But alot of you are 'whining'  about the hot weather and temps--so lets cool off with thoughts of Christmas and snow and cold and Santa bring us gifts!!!

I only mainly worked on '3' Christmas projects this week--

I finally got the Christmas baking scene ready to hand embroider--

Remember this is a Crabapple pattern--  I spent about 5 hours total coloring this piece--I realize that seems like a long time on this one--but with the blending of each item and then cleaning the blending pens off after each little area to change colors --it takes time and  this is a large piece--but the coloring got finished and then the 'fabric texture' painted on it and dried and then the pellon backing pressed on it-and now it is ready for all the pretty colors of floss to be stitched on it--starting this afternoon while watching the NASCAR race!!

I also got some counted cross stitching done for Christmas--

this one is done--(there is snow flakes on the top and bottom of the design--but not sure I will add them to this one-
and-

Have a couple different designs planned for this week--I also did do some cross stitching on the ABC house piece, but not alot--

and more work was done on this truck piece--

but I forgot to take a photo--

Now for some finishes this week that were not Christmas related--
First up--I got the 3rd truck piece all embroidered--

I think out of the three I have done now--this one is my favorite--
here is all 3 of them--
I have at least one more in this series I want to do--(these are also Crabapple Hill patterns!)

And I got this crewel embroider finished--

Lots of work in this piece too--but enjoyed doing some crewel work once again!!

And some happy mail came in--
first was a gift from New York--


a pretty mug for my afternoon tea!!!

and some buttons from Just Another Button co--

Couple little kits with the buttons needed to finish them and then some other buttons I neededwanted--and then some of the bee ones will go on a project!!!
and sitting on my desk was a new little tote box I had just picked up from the Dollar Tree-
wasn't sure what I would put in it--but as I love little cute containers--I bought it and brought it home
to see what it would to store--so these new buttons just jumped in there and smiled and said they would stay there for awhile at least!!!!!!

and I'll end with another baby sweater--


This one is a 3-6 months size and it will get added to the tote for it's buttons and to be mailed out to a charity soon!!!

I really do hope to get to some machine sewing this coming week--I just don't know where the day goes--any more--and they do seem to Yet go faster and faster--

I am watching some really pretty white cloud formations out my window--love Florida clouds and sky!!

KEEP COOL (OR WARM) AND STITCH A BIT OF CHRISTMAS!!!
HUGS AND BLESSINGS, DI






3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That last photo is so cute! And I love seeing your projects, especially the holiday patterns. The trucks are really cute! Enjoy your week. Stay cool!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Awww poor puppy!!!! Love all your goodies :) xx