document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 17, 2022

I HEAR BELLS A' RINGIN--

 Well--maybe not really-but I am still mainly working on Christmas items--

But first I have one block done for the color of the month--purple!!

I really had to do some digging and hunting to come up with these 3 prints--
I was surprised that I did not really have much in purples and that what I had was mostly white backgrounds with a bit of purple in it--so --now I have an excuse to go shopping!!! (cause I will need purples for next year--gotta be ready--right???????)
In order to do this flower I had to steal 2-10" layer cake pieces of cloth from 2 different layer cakes I had on hand!!!

Here is where I am on the applique truck piece--

Almost got the tree done--lots of tiny curves on this tree!!!

and for Counted cross stitching--I did finish the work on one piece--but need to finish the piece before I show it as it had 2 cute buttons on it--
I did finish the stitching on the one that said--Christmas Blessings and now I am working on this one--

this design is also by 'pinker'n'punkinquilting she really does alot of free designs and so simple!!

And this is where I am on the House piece--

I still work on this piece a couple mornings a week!!!

I almost have a big quilt finished to show you--about a quarter of the binding to finish sewing on it, and a little bit of finishing work--as soon as it is finished I will show it to you--

I also started the embroidery work on the Christmas baking scene-started on the candy canes--lots of work on that piece yet to do!!!!!  It may well be Christmas before that one is done!!!!!

The other night when I got off the computer, I looked out the window--to see clear blue skies, sunshine and---a rainbow--



again---no dark clouds here--just sunshine--!!!!!

A little later when I looked out--I seen this cloud formation--


Doesn't this look like a hat--wonder if it is a Witches hat or an elf hat---see there is even an hole for their head!!

Maybe it's Santa's hat?????

WELL--I WANT EVERYONE TO HAVE A GREAT WEEK--
HERE'S A HUG FOR YOU --DI




4 comments:

Julierose said...

Love the "Labra-doodle" one--thanks for the chuckle!! I love your purple block!
so neat. hugs, Julierose

Maria said...

Pretty purple flower ..
Lots of nice Christmas projects there.

Deb A said...

Great shot of the rainbow and clouds. Lots of pretty projects you are working on. Hope you are staying cool inside. Hit asheck where I am.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Great block using some purples and that is awesome stitching around those little tree branches. Fiddly indeed. Wonderful Christmas stitches and your positive outlook. I also enjoyed seeing your cross stitch pieces. All good stuff. Happy Stitching!