document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, July 24, 2022

BEES AND CLOUDS!!!!!

 Let's talk bees first--

and talking about bees--the ones we have flying around the patio area, downstairs are as big a small planes!!  They have to be as long as 3-4" and big around--and they love to fly--but we are told they will not sting us and that their hive is under ground!!!

But I have a whole quilt that is full of 'bees' and mine won't sting you either and mine do make honey!!

I started this quilt in 2016--most of the blocks are from a stitch along online--and I have forgotten whose site I did get them from--sorry--plus I designed some myself--but I made sure I stitched at least one bumble bee on each block--last week while I was finishing this quilt-I happened onto the site--Just Another Button- and found some perfect buttons for it--
see in the right hand corner--the letter buttons spell out the word Honey and there is a bee hive and a small bee button--that I added to this house block--
the other word buttons spell --Hive and was perfect for over this bee hive and I added a medium sized bee button--

And I added a hive and bee buttons to these 2 blocks--
this quilt is now hanging on my living room wall--it is large--for me--49x59"--!!!!

I also got all the applique done on the truck block--


now to decide if I will make this into another pillow like the first one --or a wall hanging????

And now to Clouds--
it has been a big week for cloud formations and me taking photos of them--so here is a couple--
like how these seem to come to almost a 'point' at the ends!!


and I love this one--look at all the different layers to this one--that are swirling around and around--and 'NO" we did not get any rain from this one--again!!!
nor any, or not much rain from this group on another day!!!

BOY AM I HEARING ABOUT ALL MY BLOG PEOPLE ARE HAVING COVID--OUCH--
DO BE CAREFUL AND IF YOU GET SICK--PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND GET WELL SO YOU DON'T HAVE LONG TERM EFFECTS--(this is advice from dr.di!!!!!!!)
HUGS AND GOOD HEALTH TO ALL--DI






1 comment:

CathieJ said...

I am not a big fan of the bees that fly around my yard even if they don't sting. We have very large ones that come in Spring that are stingers. Ww also had bumblebees in our basement a few years ago. The hive was under our rear deck. I do like the bees and hives on your quilt. I like that red pickup. The cloud formations are beautiful. I can't believe you didn't get any rain from the really dark cloud. I have been hearing a lot of COVID stories also. I am wearing my mask everywhere to try to avoid getting sick. I can't afford to give it to my elderly, bedridden mom.