document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, October 31, 2022

HAPPY--BOO-DAY!!!!

 Well it's 'that' day of the year--when you can pretend to be someone else!!!!  I think I would like to pretend I was a millionaire so I could go shopping for fabric and yarn!! oh well--one can dream--!!!

Okay--let's see what kind of trouble I got into the last few days???


I got the first '6' churn dash blocks done with a fussy cut bird for the center block and I have the pieces sewn for sewing together the next '6' blocks--wanted to keep the 'fairy' busy so she wouldn't have too many visions of Halloween candy!!!

And I did make it into an actual-- Quilt shop this past week-and got the back ground fabric for the Grandmother's flowers--


and even got some of the flowers appliqued to background pieces--just wished this fabric photographed better--they are really neat colors--


Here you can see the background design better--

while there I also bought border fabric and lattice fabric for a set of Snowmen blocks I embroidered last year--



I bought a total of 3 1/2 yards of fabric and the cost was $50-ouch!! I felt their prices were a couple dollars more than when I shop online and I can usually get cheap or no shipping charge--only sometimes it's hard to pick out the right colors online --soooo?????


We have a lobby area on each floor by the elevators and this is my floor--3rd floor area that a lady always decorates for each season--


And we even have a 'fake' fireplace and a library!!

And this is what showed up in the dinning room last Friday--

Okay--it is pretty--but I can't image  what this cost????  and I will be good and not say anything else about it!!!!!!!!!

And when I was walking around the floor the other day I seen this already--


and here is a couple outdoor photos for the week--

We had a bit of rain very early morning and when I looked out my window I see this 'herd' of white Ibis out there--had to stand on my tiptoes to get the photo!!!



And this was a sunrise a couple days later--we rarely get sunrises this intense and bright--!!!

Did you watch the Nascar race on Sunday????  All I can say is--if you didn't watch the ending--you missed something that will be talked about forever after?????

TOMORROW IS NOVEMBER 1ST--AND THAT IS REALLY THE START OF CHRISTMAS TIME FOR MOST OF US--WITH A LITTLE 'TURKEY' THROWN IN FOR ENERGY!!!!!

HUGS, DI



5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We have flocks of Ibis in our neighborhood this week too. Love the decorations at your building! WOW! Enjoy your day. I'll check on that race...I missed it!

Kate said...

Love your hexi flowers! Hope you have a good week on the stitching front. I most definitely do not want to think about Christmas at this point!

Anonymous said...

Not too happy about the ending of the race. If this slides like other people who think they can get away with whatever they want, then we have set another poor precedent of decency and behavior. Fabric seemed a bit overpriced for how much you got but I agree it’s nice to see it in person rather fhan online.

Maria said...

Lovely fussy cut churn dash blocks, sweet hexie flowers. Even though the fabric was dearer it is lovely and will look perfect with your stitcheries..
The foyers are decorated beautifully.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You are making some lovely blocks. Sewing is not my forte though I would love to do some slow stitching one of these days. It's nice to have a lobby area on each floor where someone decorates for every season and reason. Very festive and we definitely all need a bit of joy in our every day. Take care. Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world.