document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Monday, November 7, 2022

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT--

 That Florida is under a hurricane watch for mid week?????  What--it is way too late in the season for hurricanes--isn't it????

I am still stocked up from last time--though I do believe I will go shopping tomorrow morning for a couple things and to get out and about before I am shut in for a couple days due to wind and rain!!!

So now lets talk about quilting--what have I been working on???


Got the next 6 churn dash blocks make up--this makes 12 blocks so far and I now have the next set of only 4 all prepared to sew together


Here is close up of the one print that I am using for the Hexie flowers --


And here is some I got appliqued to back grounds last week--have a couple more finished now and I will have 25 in total when done to play with for a quilt top

Now back to the top photo--the Churn dash blocks--here is a photo of one of the fabrics that came with the set of fabrics for me to play with--


see the lines in the fabric--they are totally faded out--no color left--it what I discovered when I went to use it on the new set of 4--luckily I had a solid color blue in the same shade I could use--this is one reason I rarely buy Walmart fabric (these fabrics where a gift sent to me back in May)

But I not only had problems with this blue--I also had 2 problems with the fabric I bought at the Quilt shop and paid $14 a yard for--

I had to work around some spots--some I could cover up with the hexie flower--but several I had to recut--luckily I had bought extra fabric--I also had this problem on a couple of the background squares-

It is hard to see here--but there is a flaw in the threads--!!!!

I have gotten this months bird block prepared and did do alittle stitching on it yesterday while watching the last NASCAR race of the season for 2022--and just before the race started they announced that Coy Gibbs had passed away in his sleep the night before after just watching his son Ty Gibbs win the X-finity championship for the year--Coy Gibbs is also Joe Gibbs son and Joe owns 2 race teams --and  Coy worked with the teams--Joe also lost a son 2 years ago to an illness--but they knew that was going to happen--!! Sad--Coy was only 49 years old!  And if anyone wants to know--Joey Lagono won the years championship in the Cup series ( I was hoping Christopher Bell or Ross C would win--Joey already had a championship!!!)

And I have been getting out and walking more and took some neat nature photos this week--



one day I captured a small butterfly feasting on the little snow flowers by the fence--



another day I had to walk around the block to the other side of the fence to get these photos--



And this 'flower' was there among them--I have 'no' idea what it is--anyone know????

And then another day I seen a pileated woodpecker on a tree across the street--but that photo did not come out well--


And then another day--I spotted this tiny vine type plant with the tiny pink flowers on it--


and the other night I took this photo out my window--


Notice--the sun is shinning--it is raining hard and there is a rainbow!!!

WELL--TIME TO SIGN OFF FOR TODAY--BE SURE TO HAVE SOME FUN AND LAUGHTER THIS WEEK AND THEN COME BACK AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT!!

HUGS, DI







 

5 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm not sure about the flower but it's neat to see the pileated and the butterfly. I hate thinking of another hurricane but I guess we're as ready as we can be. Love what you are sewing! Hugs!

Deb A said...

This one sure did happen quickly! We will see what happens and I really hope it does not cause you issues. I was going to pop things back in the closet, but I'll keep it clear in case of tornados. Great shot of the butterfly. The hexagons are looking great.

Kate said...

Hopefully this next storm moves quickly and doesn't pack much of a punch. That was so sad about Coy Gibbs, that family has had such heartache. What did you think about Jimmie Johnson's return to NASCAR as part own with Richard Petty?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How are you doing after the storm? I hope you are fine and high and dry! Sweet hugs, Diane

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Di, what a great post, chock a block with great things I enjoy seeing and reading about. Like those lovely hexies and churn blocks. Sounds like you are moving your stitchy projects right along despite a few hiccups with fabrics. I enjoy nature photos so lovely to see the butterfly and you had good fortune to spot that pileated woodpecker. Even here on my 10 acres, they are seldom seen. Love Florida, enjoyed 5 beautiful vacations there over the years. Fingers crossed this hurricane will not hit!Oh and no I haven't a clue what that very interesting bloom is!