document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, November 13, 2022

I AM STILL TRYING TO--

 wrap my head around the fact that we--here in Florida--had a hurricane after the first of November!!!  I did ok this time and no water came in from the window--we did lose a couple big old palm type trees out in the courthouse area, I see--and walking around I seen other tree limbs had come down--it's our beaches that ended up with so much damage--sad!!!

I ended up being apartment bound for 3 days--I missed getting outside and sitting and knitting and doing my walks-

But I did keep myself busy--sewing--always sewing!!

I got this month's bird block finished--


This bird is the Missouri catbird and the groud and leaves are wool, the birds are fabric--

And I got the next '4' churn dash blocks sewn together--


I now have '16' blocks to play with and come up with a design for this quilt--

And I have been busy appliqueing the Grandmother Flowers--



I almost have these done--just '2' more to finish--

and when these are done--one of the squirrels someone let lose -- must of come to visit me and did this


Humm??? wonder what that 'squirrel' has in mind???

And I am still working on this Christmas Baking scene--


the goal was to have it finished by the end of the NASCAR season-didn't make that--but really don't have alot to do on it--just those two spice tins and the the table cloth--will be working on it this afternoon for slow stitching Sunday!!!

And I am steadily working on the hand quilting on this one--


I have worked my way down to this section--the chickadee and the big branch are already done on the left side--!!

And in counted cross stitching--

I got this piece finished--



BUT--the 'bestest' thing that happened this last week was a 'surprise' package in the mail all the way from AU--

and from dear Maria--I just love it and it will be hard to put away with the fall items after thanksgiving--

Thanks so much Maria!

Oh and I did send another box of items to World Vision this week-- ( and while at the post office learned that stamps are going up in price again the first of the year--what????????)  This box had 20 knitted baby hats and 4 more sweaters and some socks.  So I am keeping my needles moving right along!!!!

TIME TO PLAN THAT THANKSGIVNING DINNER!!

HUGS, DI




6 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It looks like you've been able to work on so many delightful projects this past week. I adore them all! Glad you were able to escape this hurricane without much damage. Happy stitching! -Andrea

CathieJ said...

You have so many pretty projects in the works. I love the baking scene. At least you were productive during the hurricane. Enjoy your stitching!

Kate said...

So glad to hear that you didn't have too much damage at the apartment. Late year storms are really surprising. You made good use of your stuck at home time. Happy stitching this week.

Maria said...

Pleased you stayed safe during the hurricane and keep busy working on all those lovely projects…
It does make it harder for you to send you gorgeous knitted items to World Vision when the postage keeps going up.
Happy you liked the little pumpkin rug mug..

sunny said...

Lots of good stuff to share! I feel so bad for everyone in Florida. It's hard to imagine the destruction and devastation. I didn't get there this year, so hopefully next year. It has just turned cold here, and I'm already wanting some warm weather. Stay cozy, and keep on stitching!

Deb A said...

So glad to hear you had no damage from the storm. I am a little afraid of what out next trip to the beach will look like with all the erosion. All the projects and looking great and I can't wait to see what those Christmas squirrels are up to with those hexagons.