document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, October 9, 2022

MOVIN ON

 Oh my--blogger has done it again--changed how I can type my post--would someone send them a 'post' and tell them to leave us alone!!!

Well--I did report my bad leak --in my window area-to the office and someone came to take a look at it--and then told me--it would cost too much to fix it correctly-WHAT?????

On to some fun --

I have been busy doing some English paper piecing and growing a garden of flowers--


I have more of these to sew together and yesterday I cut out more of them--this time using the fabric that I used in the centers of these for the petals and found some other fabrics for the centers on them!

I also got this months bird block all prepared to applique some time this week--

And on the week ends while watching racing--NASCAR--I am steadily working on the embroidering on this Christmas scene--

and I will be working on this this afternoon while watching the race!!!

And I did get this counted cross stitching all finished and framed to this point for now--

Last Saturday my son and dil invited me to an event in Wickham park--called Junkin-Pumpkin!  It turned into a beautiful sunny day and a good time out--lots and lots of walking and looking!!


And a large crowd--first time I have been around this large of a crowd in 3 years or more!!  Our first stop had to be at a Coffee truck so Sarah could have her coffee--


There was suppose to be other coffee trucks there--but only this one could make it-remember this is just a couple days after hurricane Ian!! ( the event at the park had to be moved to a different area even as alot of the park was still standing water!!)  Welllll--we waited in line with Sarah for 15-20 minutes to just put her order in--then there was another 15-20 minute for them to make the drink--which cost her $9 --ouch!!!!

and here is the back of my son-Dan-thought I got a photo of the both of them--opps!!!

I did finally get some Fall/Halloween decorating done on Friday--

and see that black cat in the window--that was my gift to me from the Junkin Punkin--he is really a thick piece of wood--he's a keeper as he is all house broken!!!  This event was right up my 'alley"--all the booths were country stuff or antique kind of items--only this apartment is so small there is just not enough room for much more--too many quilts on the walls for one thing!!!




More knitted baby hats have been done and another sweater was completed this week--and I have not one, but 2 counted cross stitching projects on the needles--one is a fall one!!!

Last week I had fun watching two large birds fly around outside--


actually one sat on the roof of the apartment building across from me and the other one was flying around--I believe they are Osprey's!

Well--I am off to the races--sounds good anyways--

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEK AND I AM STILL THINKING AND PRAYING FOR ALL THE FLORIANS WHO LOST SO MUCH DURING--IAN--
BLESSINGS AND HUGS, DI




6 comments:

Carol said...

Di,

Sooo glad to see you online again. I was beginning to think something had happened to you from Ian!

Awesome stitching and decorating! I'm jealous! ;-)

HUGS!

Maria said...

Lovely hexie flowers and I love your Christmas and cross stitch projects…
Loavely to have had an outing with your son and partner. Hope the coffee was worth the wait and $$$.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The cat toys are funny! And I love all the pretty things you've made for Fall. Makes it more fun to decorate when you have handmade things to enjoy. The festival looks like FUN!

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

I missed you :) And lovely work as usual.
I have mostly beewn sewing baby clothes and knitting babymittens. And I finished off a quilt for the twins playpen.
Big hugs,

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

I'm glad you are ok... sorry about the leak, hopefully it can get fixed somehow. Your EPP flowers are looking so pretty and so is your Christmas embroidery. How lovely that you had a day out with your son and dil!xx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Absolutely love your growing stitchy garden, your embroidery piece and your cross stitch...I made the photos larger so I could see them better (old eyes). What a great outing and thanks for the smiles. Enjoy your stitching this week!