document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, September 29, 2022

HURRICANE IAN UPDATE--

 Well--here September is going out in hurricane form--with lots of rain and wind --

We are on the 'dirty' side of hurricane Ian here on the east coast--mid Florida--

but right here in my building I am happy to say--that so far we have not lost power--though we do get power blips now and then--and today--Thursday--at 2pm we are still getting some wind and a little rain--

we won't need rain for a month now---

I did have a window that leaked really bad and had to put a big thick bath towel on the window sill and I will report that to the office tomorrow or Monday--

Other wise--I am just doing my 'thing'-- stitching on this and that--oh I did bake a nice batch of All Bran muffins on Tuesday afternoon with grated apple and spices--oh did that smell good (and yes I did have to do a taste test--though it took 2 of them for me to decide they were good--at least that is my story and I am sticking to it!!!!!)

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY WHERE EVER YOU ARE--

HUGS AND BLESSINGS, DI


7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad to hear from you and know you are safe. We've had wind and rain here today but nothing too bad. It sure has been sad to see all the devastation. Take care and stay safe....and save me a muffin! I made blueberry muffins. I'll trade with you!

Maria said...

So pleased to hear you’re okay and that Hurricane Ian passed.

Raewyn said...

I'm happy to hear you are doing ok Di - I was wondering if the Hurricane was hitting your area. The muffins sound delicious!

Deb A said...

So glad to hear you weathered the storm. I would have needed the whole batch to verify =)

Just Ramblin' said...

I have been wondering about you and so glad to hear you are doing ok. My heart goes out to those affected. I can't imagine how difficult it has been. When we get East Canyon winds 75-100mmph, it about does me in. Do take care and hope you get that window fixed soon. Enjoy those delicious muffins!

Julierose said...

So great to hear that you "weathered the storm" in good shape Di!!
I often have to "check" my baked goods to make sure they are safe, you know?;)))
Hugs, julierose

Carol said...

Di, I hope and pray you are doing okay from Ian. What a horrible mess Florida is in! So many have not survived.

Please let us all know you are okay. HUGS and prayers.