document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Thursday, September 22, 2022

HAPPY FALL YOU ALL--

 And cause it's now Fall--I will start off with my latest finish--

In counted cross stitching which is the Autumn piece I had been working on--


I am so happy with myself for stitching with this project till it was complete--this was a stitch along frompinkernpunkinquilting.blogspot.com and she is a fast stitcher--I could not do a stamp area each day--so it took me longer--but it is ready for display--thanks--

And I got my Cat quilt all hand quilted and the binding on it--



And I sent my friend in NY, Anne, one almost like it for her to finish--she added an  outside border to hers--she said!  I just love the sayings on each cat block--

and I got the last 2 flower blocks done for my 'color of the month' this year--


And then here is this months bird of the month block--
This month the bird was a Sparrow--do you know there is 10 different kinds of Sparrows???  The birds this month are done in wool-

##########################

And I had a nice little bundle of fabrics that I picked up back in 2011 on a Quilt trip--I bought this set at Waterwheel House Quilt shop in Londonderry Vermont--and this shop is still open--and you guessed it--it was the nice bright pinks and cats that did it for me--but I also learned that one print had cats, but the other print had dogs--I do not remember how they did the model--so I just did it simple--

I kept the cats on the left and the dogs on the right--this one is ready to layer and baste for hand quilting-!!

I also finally got the little vases of flowers we did last year for Jenny's stitch along sewed into a top--

I used 30's print for these--this one is now layered and basted and is the one I am working on in the evenings to hand quilt--

I did get a box of baby sweaters off to World Vision this month--I had knitted 20 baby sweater this past year and seen that last year in Sept I had sent 15 only to them--guess I knitted faster this year!!!!  and I thought it funny that it was a year ago that I sent out the last package--and yes --I already have started on another package--this time I am also knitting baby hats evenings lately, I have a big bag of lots of odds and ends of left over yarn!!!




And my newest hand stitching project is English paper piecing--Grandmother's Flower garden--been wanting to do some paper piecing for a couple weeks now-and yesterday afternoon I finally got some cut out and even managed to get 2 sets of petals stitched to the papers--think I will cut some more out today--I do this by scissors and tracing--old fashioned way!!!!

TAKE CARE AND ENJOY THE SEASON CHANGING--TO EITHER FALL OR SPRING!!
HUGS, AND BLESSINGS, DI







5 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your post Di!! Great finish on all your wonderful projects. Your knitting is spectacular❤ what a wonderful and fulfilling gift amd oh how they will love them😊 by the way the hats are cute and will be greatly appreciated.
Hug's, Carolyn

Maria said...

Oh WOW Di... so many wonderful finishes... Love your Autumn cross stitch and those beanies are so cute...
Enjoy your new EPPing project.

Deb A said...

My goodness you have been busy! Love how your Autumn sampler turned out. Those cat saying are oh too true! Love how you framed those flower stitcheries - very pretty. Wow! That is a lot of baby sweaters you have been making. The hats are adorable as well. Have a wonderful weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Checking in with you this morning! I hope and pray we all survive the storm! I baked some muffins too....comfort food! Take care and stay safe. Let me know how you are my friend. Hugs, Diane

Kate said...

You've been moving along with your projects! Love that cat quilt, it's really cute. Hopefully you are staying dry and have power. Probably not the kick off to fall you were hoping far!