document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22%3E%0Abody%20%7B%20background-image

Sunday, December 4, 2022

HOLD ON TIME--

 Well--for me it was time to 'hold' --that is take time out from sewing and knitting to --


Decorating the tree and everything other surface in this small apartment with Christmas cheer--

I just finished up day #3 and I am not done yet--oh my--I am slow it seems--!!!!

The big tree is done--that got finished yesterday--Saturday--and I put up the new gold angel I got on Thursday when a friend and I stopped into a thrift store--


Here she is in all her glory--there was a tag on her that said $5--and I know how expensive tree toppers are and she was clean and perfect--on the way home I was looking her over and discovered a second tag that said $1.99--oh well--this was a charity thrift store--sooo???  And I did pick up a couple other things, thought they were not Christmas items and I put them away and forgot to take photos--sorry!!!

And here is the smaller tree in the kitchen--



With my gingerbread collection under the tree--those gingerbreads in the mug are old old old--I made them at least ten years ago or longer-some I have even had to glue an arm or two back on--but they still smell like gingerbread!!!

And just so you know that earlier in the week I did do some stitching and some prep work--here goes--

two small tops have borders--now have backing and batting ready for layering and basting-



Hopefully that will happen first part of the week--I miss hand quilting in the evenings!!

And 3 of the wreath hexies are appliqued onto background fabrics-

Have 3 more sets to do  on these yet--

And I have started 2 embroideries this week--

first one is Joy's stitch along--I am caught up with week 1 & 2 done-


I haven't decided what color to do the long stitches that frame each piece????


And there is anew snowpeople series going on this month--started one of the blocks--


So far there is 5 in this series--but not sure I will do but 4 of them!! and I am doing them in blue work--

And a cross stitching finish--that now needs it's finishing to display it--


This is part of a series too--I have done the spring/Easter one and the Fall one-now this one!!

And a finish--



a baby sweater in one of the new colors!!

Well that's it for now--do take time to 'breathe' as you are getting ready for Christmas--and don't forget to take your vitamins--to stay healthy!!!

hugs, di



7 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

wishing you all a good week --blessings, di

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! You've been very busy with decorating and making. Holiday joy and blessings.

Maria said...

You have been very busy decorating your home.. Happy Holidays.

CathieJ said...

My goodness, all that decorating and lots of pretty stitching also. Your "new" tree topper is very pretty. I have been saving the snow people patterns to work on at a later time. Those two small quilts are great. I have never had gingerbread ornaments like yours. I have a couple of cinnamon ones. Have a great week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your tree looks so beautiful. I haven't planned on doing any more decorating but now I'm wondering if it would make me feel better. I'll think about it. I do love seeing all of your pretty things especially the things you've made. Hugs, Diane

Deb A said...

You have done better than me. The tree is decorated and everything else is out... but not placed yet! The snowperson is looking great. I have printed them off but have yet to stitch one yet.

Kate said...

Very pretty Christmas decorations! I've gotten the nutcrackers out not anything else. Just not in me to do the tree without Grad Girl. Enjoy all your holiday prep and stitching time.